iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hack and Squirt Newbie to the forum

Started by westkane, November 19, 2011, 06:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandmill Bandit

If you can still get Tordon 202C it works god for brush control and it will take a lot of the deciduous trees out too. Dont ask how I know
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

VT_Forestry

For hack-n-squirt I've been using Pathway RTU with good success on Ailanthus.  It's 20.9% 2-4-D and 5.4% pichloram...all my other spraying is around waterways so those get watered with Rodeo (53.8% glyphosate)
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

woodtroll

I've seen a couple of posts refer to "restricted". That should not matter if you are licensed. If you are not treating your own place, you are doing it for pay or your employment, one usually needs to be licensed. just a thought.

Tordon works great, but is soil active, goes from root to root even to different species.
Garlons work, but do not travel.
A little arsenal is always good in the mix.
But read the labels. Always read the label.

Magicman

I was disappointed with my results using Pathway on Sweetgums.  Some died and some didn't.  "Some" is not good enough for me.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Radar67

Straight 2-4-D was recommended by our county agent to spray our pond. It works and does not harm the fish. I have successfully used it to kill Chinese privet (100% effective on every one I have treated). I also use it on my woods trails to control the brush from coming back.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Magicman

Pond Primrose is a major offender on our ponds and it is spread by herons, egrets, etc.  2-4-D Amine is the approved chemical of choice and it does not affect the edibility of fish.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!