iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today's happy customer

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 27, 2019, 02:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goober

I own a prius and a saw mill.   Im just cheep. 8)   
lt15 woodmizergo case 480 lbh 574 ih tractor   ih-4500a forklift  woodmaxx chipper saxdolmer saws

alanh

.....he probably still wouldnt get out of the left lane...

goose63

Make a wish chapter of New Effingtin S.D. was happy to get this

Back side

The door

And the side now to get out of the shop ahd put the tin on the roof I hope thy can make on it  
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

btulloh

Nice. And a good cause. 

What's it going to be used for?
HM126

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

goose63

@btulloh who ever wins it can do what thy want to with it but 3 guys think it would make one heck of a smoke house
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

DbltreeBelgians

Good on you goose. That looks fantastic  smiley_thumbsup

Brent

Andries

Nice work goose.
A smokehouse with a porch, looks good!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

A good job for a good cause.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Tiny houses are all the rage now.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jim_Rogers

Yesterday's happy customer came by to pick up two 2x8x16' red oak planks for his company's truck side boards.
They have been done a while and were very heavy.

He got a new red flag as well.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jim_Rogers

Today's first happy customer came over to pick up four pieces of eastern white pine I made him for his projects.
two are 4x12x36" and two are 4x8x24".

Jim Rogers
PS. I've got to get outside and make more timbers for this afternoon's happy customer.

alanh

I`m not sure who is happier, the customer who got his shed that I milled from pine dropped in place and stood up, floor is ash, or me because the components have been built and stacked on my trailer for a month waiting for him to get the site ready, shed pic is before trim, battens and hanging the sliding doors

Jim_Rogers

Saturday's second happy customer came over to pick up his first load of timbers for his timber frame barn he's building. He got only 8 timbers out of the 87 I have left to do for him. But it was happy with them.

And he got a new red flag as well.

Jim Rogers

Weekend_Sawyer

Looks like business is good Jim,
I like that you give out red flags, I'm sure 99% wouldn't even know they needed one.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WV Sawmiller

I blew it today and forgot to get a picture of my customer picking up the last of his 738 bf of walnut. We cut the butt log (453 bf) Tuesday after struggling to get the big logs off his trailer. I actually had to move the mill to the log as I did not have anything big enough to move the log once it was on the ground. He loved seeing the magic hook roll the log on to the arms and watching the mill lift and turn as we whittled it down to fit between the blade guides. All that was 6/4 lumber and most of the boards were 22-23 inches wide. Even the edged boards were over 12" wide. The pith boards split in two and I was going to edge into about 6-8 inch boards and he stopped me and said he'd make a river table. He was going to take 2 of the wide boards and make a big farm table. I sawed the rest yesterday mostly into 6/4 with a few 4X4's for big legs. Crotch wood, cookies, etc. He loved it and was grinning from ear to ear as we loaded it to go back to Texas. He must have liked it as he left a tip of nearly $70.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Stephen1

That sounds great. I get to do similar log like that tomorrow.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

richhiway

Sold these four Maple 5/4 boards to a woodworker today on Marketplace. He was very Happy to get them.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Stephen1 on November 28, 2019, 06:59:26 PM
That sounds great. I get to do similar log like that tomorrow.
Good luck. One lesson I learned/was reminded of was when gunbarrelling those big logs just take small bites and don't get greedy. It is faster to take small bites and rotate several times than get half way down and have to stop and Bibby off some excess with a chainsaw so your blade will pass all the way to the end.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

Today's happy customer drove 72 hours from Michigan to Big Meadow Sawmill Springfield NH.
I sawed him out 600 bdft of 1x6 pine and hemlock boards for a project.
He bought 2 pine,one yellow birch,one butternut,one red maple and one white oak.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Andries

Bruno: Woodmizer has a sale on bandsaw blades - a variety pack.
Looks like you're getting in on the act - the customer from Michigan picked up his variety pack.
:) 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Hilltop366

Quote from: Bruno of NH on November 29, 2019, 11:00:58 AMToday's happy customer drove 72 hours from Michigan to Big Meadow Sawmill Springfield NH.

Ok there has to be more to the story than that??

Bruno of NH

The customer Ray works for a technical collage as the machine shop teacher. 
They have a race team that competes in a engineering school race series. I'm met him 2 years ago when they were at NH international speedway. He stopped in and bought some wood then.We stay in touch on FB.
He's also a puppy rasier for Leader Dogs for the Blind.
That is his new puppy Ella .
He wanted to buy wood from me.
He does a great job with the dogs.
The 1x6 is for a project at his hunting camp.
I think it's in Hawks maybe?

Bruno of NH

He drives the race trailer from race to race durring the reason for the school.
He likes driving  :)

Thank You Sponsors!