iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Diamond C Gooseneck Trailer

Started by Walnut Beast, November 21, 2020, 07:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

Then anything over 25,900 gvwr trailer  is FET tax of 12% of the total price of the trailer.  The dealer actually told me the 212 Gooseneck that's 25,900 gvwr  the farmers love because it's de rated and can actually haul more but they don't care because most are usually hauling more anyway 

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on March 19, 2021, 06:17:10 PM
Walnut are u affiliated with them by any chance 😂
😂😂 I seen that and lost it. Still laughing. Just excited to get the trailer 😂

Walnut Beast

Walnut Beast

Those previous pictures of the arch are two different trailers.  How about this for a enclosed trailer. All 53'

mike_belben

yeah i can see it in that first one.  the new truck gvwr is pushing small trailers into new territories.  I'm a bit concerned that a 2-5/16 ball is up to some of these loads.  people think suicide coils are bad when turned loose, but there'd be nothing left of the occupants if a trailer neck came into the cab. 

that enclosed better have tail rollers underneath.  not many people can manage that low of a tail and that much tail swing.  
Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

3″ BALL 40,000 LB ADJUSTABLE COUPLER
This innovative coupler is included standard on our 40K GVWR UPGRADE PACKAGE on gooseneck models FMAX312 and FMAX216. This unique U.S. Patent Pending coupler is the first of its kind and a Diamond C original – a heavy duty, high strength 40K coupler with an easy to use dual vertical adjustment. We call it the "Telescoupler".

Gary_C

I have pulled some 40,000 lb loads with my F350 and will say just because you can doesn't mean you should. I have been caught in some unexpected stop or even slow down situations on down grades that could easily have been fatal except for some skill and a little bit of luck. 
Semi's rely on engine brakes for much of their braking on long downgrades because drum or disc brakes will fade if used too much. Even on a downhill run when you find yourself on a short ramp leading up to a stop sign you can smoke your brakes and your tires very easily. 

Just because you can pull it doesn't mean you can stop it. 
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

firefighter ontheside

My 2017 Ford has exhaust and transmission/engine braking.  It's amazing what that thing will do.  I can go down a very steep grade with my 5th wheel in tow and not have to brake at all.  Granted its not 40,000 lbs, but it still will provide a lot of extra braking over brakes alone.  It's amazing how far they have come with pickup trucks.  My 2002 was ok, but not much better than downshifting.  My 2008 was great and now my 2017 is amazing.  Much safer to tow heavy loads now than 20 years ago.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Walnut Beast

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on March 20, 2021, 08:38:55 AM
My 2017 Ford has exhaust and transmission/engine braking.  It's amazing what that thing will do.  I can go down a very steep grade with my 5th wheel in tow and not have to brake at all.  Granted its not 40,000 lbs, but it still will provide a lot of extra braking over brakes alone.  It's amazing how far they have come with pickup trucks.  My 2002 was ok, but not much better than downshifting.  My 2008 was great and now my 2017 is amazing.  Much safer to tow heavy loads now than 20 years ago.
I don't think Gary realizes most newer heavy duty Diesel trucks have a exhaust brake

Gary_C

Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 20, 2021, 04:17:07 PM

I don't think Gary realizes most newer heavy duty Diesel trucks have a exhaust brake
I am aware of the exhaust brake on newer pickups though I've not used one so far. I do know from my semi driving time that even with an engine brake it takes a great deal of skill to avoid braking failure in many situations. Even with an eighteen wheeler and well adjusted air brakes it's no fun being pushed by 80 to 100,000 lbs. of tractor and trailer when you find yourself in the wrong gear.
There is simply not enough tires on the ground nor braking axles on a pickup to stop those 40,000 lb loads. 

mike_belben

Im with gary.  Blow a steer at 70mph on a f450 @50k gross or more and you are gonna need clean drawers or a medivac or a hearse.  Itll alter your perspective on what can vs should. 

I blew a soft hose on the front driver side of my 12v dually pulling a car trailer with a jetta on it.  The wheel came right out of my hand and i went into on coming traffic while approaching a row of cars stopped at a red light.  I was only able to stop by grinding the trailer sidewalls into a tall curb because brakes were 100% gone. 

Air brakes are fail safe.  Juice brakes are fail death. It matters. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

And change out your soft lines every ten years or when you get a new old truck just because!  My brain didnt remember the ebrake pedal until it was over. 
Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Gary_C on March 20, 2021, 04:57:38 PM
Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 20, 2021, 04:17:07 PM

I am aware of the exhaust brake on newer pickups though I've not used one so far. I do know from my semi driving time that even with an engine brake it takes a great deal of skill to avoid braking failure in many situations. Even with an eighteen wheeler and well adjusted air brakes it's no fun being pushed by 80 to 100,000 lbs. of tractor and trailer when you find yourself in the wrong gear.
There is simply not enough tires on the ground nor braking axles on a pickup to stop those 40,000 lb loads.
That's why most of the guys that are buying and using the trailers are upgrading to hydraulic disc brakes. Excellent stopping power

chevytaHOE5674

Hydraulic disc's on a GN trailer are nothing like the big rig brakes. They are light years better than electric drums but nothing compared to a set of big rig drums.

As Mike said any failure with juice brakes is toying with death. I blew a 2 week old Motorcraft brand brake line while grossing 25k ish and even with a manual and downshifting thru the gears it was a scary ordeal. Had there been an actual emergency or panic stop things would have been ugly.

Firewoodjoe

And I've been thinking on these hydraulic disc brakes. Ok they have more power and benefits over electric. I see that. But why disc? That show has way less surface area! I'm I right. My 15k axles are electric but have 5x12 1/4 shoes. How big are those disc? 

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on March 20, 2021, 10:35:09 PM
And I've been thinking on these hydraulic disc brakes. Ok they have more power and benefits over electric. I see that. But why disc? That show has way less surface area! I'm I right. My 15k axles are electric but have 5x12 1/4 shoes. How big are those disc?
If you ask any of these hotshot guys that run day in and day out everyone will tell you they are the only way to go. Expensive up front yes. There was a guy just talking hauling heavy all the time that about 25 to 30k better changes the disc pads 

Gary_C

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on March 20, 2021, 10:35:09 PM
 But why disc? That show has way less surface area! I'm I right. My 15k axles are electric but have 5x12 1/4 shoes. How big are those disc?
Disc brakes are all about heat dissipation. You only contact the rotor with the pads on a fraction of the rotor and that allows the rotor to cool a bit and prevents the temperature of the pads from rising as much as when you have drum brakes that contact the drum most of the way around. Plus on a drum brake system you contain the heat inside the drum.

Friction braking is all about generating heat and then dissipating it before it ruins something.

Walnut Beast

LIGHTER – STRONGER – ENGINEERED TO DELIVER
Diamond C is forging a new era in trailer design with our Engineered Beam Technology. We design, engineer, and optimize our own U.S. Patent Protected I-Beams to fit each model. Our Engineered Beam GOOSENECK trailers are stronger yet lighter, featuring the best strength-to-weight ratios of any steel frame gooseneck on the road. We have also recently brought this technology to select DUMP and EQUIPMENT trailer models.

BUT FIRST, A LITTLE HISTORY...
The year was 2015, and we had been building gooseneck trailers just like the rest of the industry for the past 30 years. We purchased standard I-Beams and sliced and diced them and added reinforcement to make strong trailers out of them. While we had always been proud of our gooseneck trailers, we came to a place of unrest. We knew that there had to be a better way.
We started studying the strength dynamics of I-Beams and quickly turned to flat-bed semi-trailers for inspiration. For decades the semi-trailer manufacturers have been building their own I-Beams, custom to each trailer configuration. They realized long ago that standard beams were not the best solution for the strongest, lightest trailer frames. They needed taller beams considering the span of the frames without the excess weight that comes with taller standard beams.
The same principles clearly applied to gooseneck trailer framing so we set out to designengineer, and build our own I-beams.
After nearly three years of research and development, the Fleetneck Engineered Beam product line was the result. We proudly debuted the brand new Engineered Beam goosenecks at the 2017 NATDA Trade Show and took the flatbed gooseneck trailer world by surprise. In 2019 we were awarded a U.S. Patent for our efforts.
We now have an almost infinite control over the shape of the beams. We're able to optimize the performance of the steel by putting it to work where we need it most. No dead weight. No added reinforcements needed. We're able to build contours into the beams that optimize the total design and functionality, from dovetails to deck-height. Our beams are the tallest and strongest in gooseneck trailers, with the best strength-to-weight ratios on the road.

Walnut Beast

ENGINEERED NECK
You'll notice our goosenecks look very different than normal flatbed gooseneck trailer necks do. This is by design. Our curved one-piece fabricated 12″ Engineered Neck design distributes force throughout the neck so there is no concentration of stress in the corners like on traditional goosenecks. These Engineered Necks come standard on any gooseneck FLEETNECK series trailer, and well as on most of our bumper-pull trailers featuring our optional GOOSENECK PACKAGE upgrade

Andries

Walnut; why isn't this info in an advertisement slot like all the other commercial sellers on the Forum?
What the heck is this ? !
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Andries on March 21, 2021, 04:41:47 AM
Walnut; why isn't this info in an advertisement slot like all the other commercial sellers on the Forum?
What the heck is this ? !
I'm not a seller!!! Somebody was wondering what a engineered beam was so I posted a little info to share. What's your problem?

Andries

You cut and paste from an advertisement, then it's an advertisement, not an explanation.
If it's " not selling !!! " point the person you're trying to 'educate' to Wikipedia.

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Andries on March 21, 2021, 05:43:49 AM
You cut and paste from an advertisement, then it's an advertisement, not an explanation.
If it's " not selling !!! " point the person you're trying to 'educate' to Wikipedia.
Worry about yourself buddy your not my daddy 😂

Walnut Beast

Even though I'm not a seller and I'm not going to argue. I did just donate to the Forestry Forum by hitting the donate button under all of the great sponsors that I have gave business to. I encourage others to do the same 

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on March 19, 2021, 11:00:15 AM
I do think the tri axle with good single tires would be the best if not needed to turn 90s all the time. I don't think I do that often. I also like what mike said and less forward backward rocking motion. I never thought of stability that way. Prolly make you pickup ride much nicer.
Firewoodjoe I was thinking of you when I was reading this. As you can see it goes back and fourth on the Super Singles 😂

Thank You Sponsors!