iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsitom

We get heavy rains, then go likewise-two weeks or so with nothing but heat.  Probably end up "above average" for total precip for the year again, just like all the recent years.....but this misses the fact that topsoil is baked and too dry nearly all the time due to excessive heat.

It ain't right.......
Ask me about hybrid larch!

HemlockKing

We're suppose to get a bit of rain tomorrow from this post tropical storm, it's a little breezy right now, overcast and muggie. 
A1

SwampDonkey

Over 90F here on the porch. The clothes was all wet was bush whack'n like I fell in a lake. I drink lots of water and it just pours out like a leaky boat. :D I put in 7-1/2 hrs.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

I keep 2 cotton work shirts in rotation during the day, every 3ish hours I'll swap, leave the wet one hanging on a branch to dry. I hate the feeling of being swamped. 
A1

SwampDonkey

Too busy working to really care. :D Change of clothes in the truck for drive home. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

70F on the porch and 70% RH. No rain and not a breath of wind.

thecfarm

@HemlockKing get yourself a cooler shirt.
Thread here, cooler shirts
As you will read, they work. These are the type of shirts you can just about put on right out of the washer. 
If you come to my place you will found me outside with a cooler shirt and my viking boots on. Well before someone catches it, pants on too.  :D
I think it rained all night? Just a light drizzle now, but it's wet out. Looks to be another sticky day. Won't be too many of them days left.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on August 20, 2021, 06:10:37 AM
@HemlockKing get yourself a cooler shirt.
Thread here, cooler shirts
As you will read, they work. These are the type of shirts you can just about put on right out of the washer.
If you come to my place you will found me outside with a cooler shirt and my viking boots on. Well before someone catches it, pants on too.  :D
I think it rained all night? Just a light drizzle now, but it's wet out. Looks to be another sticky day. Won't be too many of them days left.
The link brad has up is expired. Any other links? Suppose I'll search up some anyway. I use the 100% cotton button up long sleeve work shirts from marks, mostly because they are cheap and I don't mind the look of them for wearing casual.
A1

thecfarm

I suppose a google would found something. I just buy the short sleeves ones. But can see the long ones working too.
There are many brands out there. Starter is another one. That might be a walmart one.
I had a hard time buying a new shirt and than wearing it to work in.  ???  I wrecked it the first day.  :o But made a believer out of me. My Father would of liked one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I suspect linen fabric is a good natural choice which I would highly prefer over synthetic. The old timers had linen fabric before cotton. Flax was grown and spun here far and wide. None now, mostly coming from Europe. All the linen yarn is. If it is quick drying, then it is most likely polyester, which I can not wear with a saw harness on. If it gets damp from sweat it will rub your hide raw. I have to use natural fiber.

HemlockKing

Says right on the tag 100% cotton. Although this new batch feels like polyester and thinner. I haven’t bought a new batch in 5 years(before last week). Same price for lower quality. Quality is gone way of the dodo birds. Can’t even have a good work shirt anymore without these places trying to cut more corners and less quality as time goes on.
A1

HemlockKing

Some day I'll shear some sheep too, might as well learn to make clothes, by the end of my life I'll have done everything, because I'm sick of getting skimped with junk. I'll do it all.
A1

mike_belben

in the north, taking your plow off ensures a surprise noreaster. 

in the south, seeding some grass ensures its 'bout to come a flood'
Praise The Lord

hacknchop

hot and muggy here today, Im haven't bought any clothes in 41 yrs they seem to just appear,come to think of it I haven't thrown any out either they just seem to disappear.
Often wrong never indoubt

SwampDonkey

That's what it is when the wife buys your clothes. :D :D :D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: HemlockKing on August 20, 2021, 12:34:01 PM
Says right on the tag 100% cotton.
Was referring to Brad's Bass Pro shirt in his link.
They tried that synthetic stuff on me on the west coast. They was some glad to get some Stanfield wool in cold rain every day. About 2 weeks in April of dry is all you have on the BC north coast. :D

sawguy21

After tthe war my dad had a job offer in Prince Rupert, having grown up in Vancouver he didn't entertain the idea. :D It is 25C (77F) here right now with no trace of the rain we so desperately need, the White Rock Lake fire is only 20 miles away. The south and western portions of the neighbouring municipality are on evacuation alert again which means be ready to go NOW if the call comes in.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

HemlockKing

The Henry hurricane will miss NS,
Looks to be going up through mass and northern Maine. Get a little breeze today and some heavy rain later,
Don't need no more hurricanes ravaging my forests anymore, the reason I'm cutting out field anyway, it's already field. Will make for a easy stump removal as most are uprooted and half rotten already.
A1

Jim_Rogers

Raining hard here today in MA. Bands coming and going from the storm.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

Sunny, dry as a bone and 80F up here. I hauled 175 gallons of water for the gardens yesterday.

thecfarm

So far just a light rain and a little wind. I think it has begun.

SwampDonkey

1-1/2" rain today, then the sun came out after dinner and drove the temp up to 83F.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

HemlockKing

We got down pours in Bands here. Felt muggie and warm/gross out all day. 
A1

chevytaHOE5674

Haven't posted in a while but still no meaningful rain and nasty heat. Last week was in the 90s everyday with lows at night in the mid 70s. Had 3 days in a row with the RH in the 30% range it was like a hair drier outside. Leaves are falling, grass is done, cat tails shriveled up, pond is dried up, ravens have been feasting on the fish and frogs that dried up.

Some promising rain in the forecast but it's to late to do any good this year. But anything we get will help replenish the soil and hopefully next year is better.

Thank You Sponsors!