iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

everyone for a hundred miles sold out of stock tank deicers.  little cold snap.  predicted -11 this weekend.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

farmfromkansas

Looked at my phone, says 0 this morning. Sky looks clear, might see the sun!
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

chevytaHOE5674

-7° and 4" of snow.  Something like 50" of snow since late last week.

farmfromkansas

Just looking at weather forecast on my phone, says -9 actual low on Sunday and -11 on Monday. Big warmup on Tuesday, low of 0.

doc henderson

My old Pediatric ED partner Justin just came and got the 4 stock tank heaters I could find, to keep his water feature from freezing the pipes.  I am quite proud to have more in stock than TSC.  needs to keep water moving in front of the skimmers.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Walnut Beast

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on February 12, 2021, 11:06:00 AM
-7° and 4" of snow.  Something like 50" of snow since late last week.
About the same weather here but not that much snow 😂

farmfromkansas

0 again this morning.  Snow of 4 to 7" forecast over weekend.  When this is over we will see if the wheat survived.

Old saw fixer

Everything here is covered with ice, ¼ to½ inch predicted.  Nothing has fallen on the house or shop, yet.  Thank God.  Power has been off since 8:15 this morning.  Glad I have enough generator to run the oil boiler, water pump and coffee maker!  Lots of limbs falling in the woods, I'm not doing any damage control or cleanup until this is melted.  Stay safe.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

btulloh

Same here just a bit northeast of you. Ice is the worst. No problems yet, but that will probably change as the day wears on. Generator is locked and loaded and ready for action. Glad you have a way to stay warm and make coffee. 
HM126

doc henderson

my son put off filling the sun porch with firewood, for this kind of weather.  now he will do it at 4°.  lessons learned.  the crates are 6 feet from the door.

SwampDonkey

Was 10F this morning and reached 25F I think. I know we had a light snow and it melted off the south end porch. It also melted off the gravel in front of the steps into the house. The little birds have been picking gravel there all winter. It's almost like they are picking seed. I suppose there are some weed seeds in there. Nothing melting off the west porch today. It was sunny by mid morning and we didn't need a fire after that, just built it up at 8:00 pm tonight. Definitely had a window open after dinner. I couldn't even feel that cold air coming in. You know in summer, when you see that radiant heat wave above the pavement. I seen that looking out the window opening.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old saw fixer

No change since this morning, Bob.  Kawasaki generator still humming and stuff still falling in the woods.  Town of Blackstone has a lot of damage, limbs and trees falling on wires.  They might be in the dark until Monday.  Heck, we may be too.  I'm going cut the generator off for the night as soon as the phones, etc. are charged up. 
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

chevytaHOE5674

-14° this morning under clear skies. Temp never broke zero and by lunch time the clouds and lake effect snow moved in. 

51cub

19 now, that's 15 to 20° warmer than this time the last three days. Snow forecasted for today won't happen. A decent storm starting tomorrow afternoon now going into Tues morning. Six to 10in here, less as you go further south in the state
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

doc henderson

1° now.  predicted -10° the next 2 nights.  was 4° yesterday and my fluid tank line and tank were still liquid, @ 4°.  Walmart super tech -20 rated.  must have been a good batch.  my buddy Dallas just got a 1200 dollar check for a hydraulic fluid company that sold the oil and it did not meet specs.  stocked up on firewood,  filled the inside storage area house and shop, and an extra crate outside the doors.  will warm up about the 19th and be in the 50s during the day and 30s at night.  our forecast has changed every few hours so who know, looks like 3 to 6 inches of snow.  that does not slow us down much.  you worry about inexperienced driver who get stuck in this cold.

thecfarm

Heat wave here at 16° when I first got up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: doc henderson on February 14, 2021, 08:00:42 AM
1° now.  predicted -10° the next 2 nights.  was 4° yesterday and my fluid tank line and tank were still liquid, @ 4°.  Walmart super tech -20 rated.  must have been a good batch.  
Hey Doc, just curious, did you remember to park the skidsteer with the tracks up out of the mud this winter? Just askin'! :D :D :D ;D ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

thanks.  yes used it yesterday to get extra wood by the house and shop.  put the bucket on for the driveway clearing.  diesel additive and full of fuel.  the back is oriented close enough to jump start with my truck if needed.  parked with dry tracks on dry concrete.  bucket up off the ground.  usually flat so not a shin killer.   ;) :) :D 8)

firefighter ontheside

1 deg this morning and going to a high of 6.  We are supposed to get 3-6" starting this afternoon and going all thru the day tomorrow.  Maybe a few more smaller snow events during the week.  I have to work tuesday morning thru friday morning.  Could be an eventful 72 hours.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

I work the next 4 nights as well.  carry on.

Sedgehammer

-15 here with wind chills. 2" already. suppose to get at least 8" more. 

Necessity is the engine of drive

SwampDonkey

10F this morning, the flurries are starting. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nebraska

Minus 14 up here at  low of minus 27 tonight. Wife and I drove up north yesterday  to check the cabin and have supper at the local watering hole.  Will drive back home in an hour or two, it's minus 8 there.  The sun will break this super cold weather's back in a couple weeks. February is half gone  8). 

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Nebraska on February 14, 2021, 11:28:01 AM
Minus 14 up here at  low of minus 27 tonight. Wife and I drove up north yesterday  to check the cabin and have supper at the local watering hole.  Will drive back home in an hour or two, it's minus 8 there.  The sun will break this super cold weather's back in a couple weeks. February is half gone  8).
Yikes, that's cold! Be safe. 
agreed on time. I don't mind cold weather in February, as it's short lived. It's bad when it starts in Dec, as there's a lot of winter left.
Necessity is the engine of drive

JuanChair

Its currently 50 degrees F here and windy.  I could not live in a cold climate. 

Thank You Sponsors!