iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Just got back at 54°. Saw a motorcycle, pussy willows, robin, and pot holes. Spring must be coming!!  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I think it is at 46F here, the clouds moved back in. But there is water everywhere.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Oh! Sun come back out and it did hit 52F. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nebraska

Must've been close to sixty here. (54 now)..Down by my pond   I saw a few insects hatched, and   some small bass in the shallow water in the pond.  Maybe some more snow this weekend... much improved from two weeks ago.

sawguy21

Still 5C at 7 pm. Talked to a log truck driver today, he is leaving for the bush at 10:30 and home by 10 in the morning. The bush roads are shut down at 11am. The forecast is 9-12 for the next two weeks so we could get some serious flooding, the snowpack is above normal.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

42F here over night and a couple showers this morning. :)

SwampDonkey

Clearing away now, I think the temp is suppose to drop tonight.

Nice to be able to see around the yard at 6:00 am and until 7:00 pm now. :) Don't forget them clocks this weekend. ;)

thecfarm

Yes on the clocks. Than it really seems like we gain on daylight than after we do that for a few weeks. Now days are only 3 minutes and 6 seconds longer. The days are getting longer.
I have 42 now. That snow is soft now. My dog can not walk on it now!!
Looks like Sunday will go in to the single numbers at night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

28° and the ground is white. Just about enough to make it white too. The wind is blowing. Maybe single numbers next morning!! 

SwampDonkey

Was 30F before daylight, but it's dropping like a rock, by daylight it was 24F and that N wind is howling.  Sunshine here.

Old Greenhorn

Well, yesterday I let the house stove  go completely out and did a full ash dump, the first since November. Had the window open all day too. 60° outside. In the shop it was 70 at 7:30am, so I just let a log smolder all day to keep the fire. Last night restarted everything as the temp began dropping and the winds picked up to 45mph overnight. Things cooled off and was 27 this morning. Gonna be cool for the next 5 days or so and maybe some snow later in the week. I heard no less than 5 bush fire dispatches yesterday. The burn ban starts on Tuesday and I guess folks are rushing to clean up piles, but with that wind, it's not always a safe thing to do.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Lots of snow here before burn permit required, not only that but a filed burn plan with DNR. ;) We have until May 1st. Way too many idiots like my uncle lighting fires in the grass that get away into the woods. ::) He sure never learned that from grandfather. Up in this part of the world it kills the grass dead and promotes the weeds. How else you explain a hay field turned to golden rod, kooch, dandelion, bed straw and thistles, when it should be timothy. Gets thinner and thinner every burn. ::)

SwampDonkey

16F this morning with some snow squalls around.

A little taste of spring soon to be taken advantage of.

radish :)

farmfromkansas

Was looking at the forum a couple minutes ago, and the rain was dripping, but not hard, and all of a sudden it started pouring, the wind was pushing it, and could hardly see out the window.  Got up to get a cup of coffee, and it all calmed down before I got back to my seat. 55 f right now. Got some oats planted before the rain, life is good.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Jim_Rogers

Snow squalls in MA today.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Old Greenhorn

Just got home from an afternoon of felling and cutting mushroom logs. SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, IT WAS WINDY! Geez, it did not really feel very safe, warm, or fuzzy. Snow squalls so bad you could see 100 yards at times, bursts of sun and lots of wind. Not a lot of fun. I had one tree hang before it had gone far enough for gravity to take over, and try as I might I could not persuade it over. I thinned the hinge as much as possible but resisted the urge to cut the hinge through (been there, done that, not a good day), small tree 8" but 50' tall. Wedged it and drove, but there is a limit to what you can do with such a small diameter. Didn't have any rigging on the truck. Finally grabbed a set of 4 1" straps and tied them all together and had JUST enough to reach the tree. Tried to wait for the wind, but it didn't help, just nudged the truck a little at a time (those straps are toys really) and eventually it dropped right on target across the skid road. Of course after that the wind really picked up to 40MPH, branches dropping all around me. My legs were shot anyway, and my spidey sense told me that was not a good place to be. I drove the mile home to find branches all over my driveway my firewood tarp flapping like a flag and 'other good stuff'.
 Cold too at about 32°. It had hit 40 at noon, then the snow and the winds came and we changed seasons right quick. Sleet, heavy snow and big wind for the entire time I was cutting. Gotta love the weather this time of year. ;D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, that wind whipped'r up this afternoon. Only warmed 4 degrees here to 20F all day. Tornadoes of snow going across the land. Put a stick in the stove before ya go to bed. fire_smiley zzzz_smiley

thecfarm

Better put more than one around here.  ;)  10° tonight. 
I did see 30° but the wind was blowing enough to make it feel like 15°. No sun all day, snow squalls off and on all day.

SwampDonkey

5F here this morning, as cold as the coldest day we had all winter long. That wind is just a whip'ner. No daffodils here for two months. ;D

HemlockKing

Some of you already may know of this but for those of you that do not try out this weather map site
Ventusky - Wind, Rain and Temperature Maps

You can check a whole bunch of things with it and I find it much more accurate than any other local weather station, really fun to watch storms roll in on it to!
A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 15, 2021, 05:38:10 AM
5F here this morning, as cold as the coldest day we had all winter long. That wind is just a whip'ner. No daffodils here for two months. ;D
Feeling the cold effect here in NS too, just a couple days ago it was 55F+
A1

thecfarm

I have 6° here now. Even at high noon it will be only 12°. Should get above freezing tomorrow, than high 40's. Maybe this is the end of Dec temps. Or what should of been Dec temps.  ;D

Nebraska

34° Had between 4 and 5 inches of rain in the last 36 hours  with more coming. Cow yards are going to be a swamp for a while.

farmfromkansas

My gauge was still in storage, but my daughter had about 1" out of this.  Still, life is good, wheat has woken up, looks like it has survived the cold, and oats are in the ground.  Be a few days before I can feed alfalfa on the grass.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

woodroe

Downright cruel outside this morn. 
Had to step out on the porch to grab
a few chunks of firewood, breathtaking. 3*F and wind blowing 30. That'll get
your attention. 
One more cold one tonight and then some relief from winter's icy grip.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Thank You Sponsors!