iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I have 26° now. Should get to almost above freezing today. Looks like some high singles temps coming for a low at night, but high noon almost 30°. Might be another warm winter is on it's way. 
Stay tuned.  :D  
As they say, we get what we get. Can't do much about it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yes, melting here this afternoon and no sun. No fire either. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I think it snowed today more than it didn't.  ::)  But it was a very fine snow and temps was almost above freezing. Nothing on the tar roads for snow, but it was wet. Got about an inch of snow all day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We did have some sprinkles this afternoon, but doesn't look like it will come to anything. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

51cub

21 now going to the upper 20s and some sun. Should be pretty quiet for a few days
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

51cub

19 now on Elvis Presleys 86th birthday. Gaining another minute on what's going to be a sunny day in the high 20s. Weather that we have had has made the drought better. Now the west central part of the state is in moderate drought and a wide swath from there to the southeast corner is abnormally dry
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Still overcast and has been windy last two days. Not real cold, but that wind will chill the bones. fire_smiley

Jim_Rogers

Not today, but the other day we had another one of these days:

Temp in NC today was 68° but with 2 mph wind chill was 67°
nice to drive around with the windows open.

Jim Rogers.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

Sun was out all day yesterday!!! 

SwampDonkey

Had a light dusting of snow over night, still not January cold, been 20 deg above average, all week. Haven't seen a clear day, all day, in a long while.

thecfarm

How right you are on the temps. Sunshine too.  :(  But we did have one day of full sun. 
Temps are almost above freezing for the next ten days, the ones that won't be will be in the high 20's. Still only about 4 inches of snow here, deer are liking it.
Warm like last year. 
So far.  ;)

SwampDonkey

They lied and said it was going to be sunny here today. Not a chance. :D But was still in the 20'sF. A little windy though. But still, some easy on the wood. ;D

Tacotodd

I went outside about 3 this morning to take out the trash while the coffee was brewing. Much to my surprise, it was 30 degrees. NO WONDER I'M COLD! And that was with my mil-surplus jacket WITH the extra insulation liner buttoned inside. Blood thinners are not fun!

I'm just glad that I don't live above the Mason-Dixon Line. I can only imagine how it would be like that for ME to live up there! And summer is rough to. I now start pouring sweat just thinking about hard work outside, but I do it anyway. Am I a moron just because I like it?

Don't answer that because I KNOW what the response is going to be like 🤐
Trying harder everyday.

SwampDonkey

:o :o I'm seeing peeks of sun. ;D

thecfarm

So far sun been out here steady. Thee are some clouds, but none blocking the sun here.   8)  34°.

SwampDonkey

Oh, it's only about ninety here with the solar heat from the windows. Certainly no fire. ::)

SwampDonkey

Finally some sun. Mnt Katahdin in Maine this morning, photo from New Brunswick side. ;D

Tacotodd

The mountains are BEAUTIFUL!
Trying harder everyday.

thecfarm

This morning was in the single numbers. Some had 5,I had 9°, But got up to 30°.  Maybe the clouds are keeping the heat in.  :)

SwampDonkey

Was 26F here this morning, a little dusting of snow, and the sun came out, then clouds covered the sky again before dark. Went to town at 6:30 am for groceries, they open early here for the grey haired 'upper class'. I'm grey haired 'middle class'. It'll come to ya. :D

We seem to be in a dry cycle right now. Just like summer, threat of storm and get nothing or a trace. We've had next to no snow since end of Dec.

thecfarm

Another warm morning at 28!! 

SwampDonkey

woodroe

Mild January so far. Teens and twenty's at night, 30's during the day.
Just right for dead fall and blow down cleanup which is going to start today.
Time in the woods is always good for the psyche during times of tumult.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

woodroe

Beautiful day today, warm in the 30s lots of sun too. Calm before the storm.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

Was no sun here yesterday, got to 33F. Pending snow storm here today. 6" predicted. I think a wet one though, wouldn't be surprised if rain mixed in.

Thank You Sponsors!