iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yep, with that sun out strong, never put wood in since 8:00 this morning. Been 78-80 all day long. Had to close the vertical blind in the big window upstairs, like a blast furnace. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I have -8 this morning. I think the coldest this season. Been a warm winter. But high noon 20.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

51cub

-1 now up a couple degrees already. 6 to 12 inches of snow coming starting tomorrow afternoon and ends in flurries on Wed
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

+5 here this morning and full sun, no wind. :)  Weather app shows -11F in Wicklow. First week of Feb going to be in the 30's all week. Rain mix coming mid week. ;)

With that bright sun all day, no fire again during daylight. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Same as the cfarm here at 8 below this morn. Making ice !
The local pond was groaning a lot as anyone who lives in the colder regions 
knows what that sounds like if you have a water body nearby, eerie at times. Pressure ridges in the ice 
sound off as the ice expands making some ungodly noises. 
Crows were waiting for some peanuts in the shell early but made em wait, too cold to go out. 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Same temp as yesterday.
Some snow coming in.
As I was driving around yesterday I saw something odd, for the last day of January. I looked into the woods and I could see the hump from trees that are on the ground.   :o   Most years we have at least a foot of snow and more in the woods. Now it's only inches, maybe 4.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

10F this morning and clear out. But looks like a snow bomb headed around New York City and Washington, up to 36". Dohh!

We are suppose to get a mix tomorrow, rain/snow.

69bronco

-10f here this morning, predicting 6-12" tonight /tomorrow.

woodroe

Only 5 below this morning. Finally getting to burn some of that Oak thats
been sitting on the porch.
Don't think the groundhog is going to like tomorrow much.

SwampDonkey

35F here now and bright sun. No fire. :)

sawguy21

Fog and +4C here which is close to 40F. It is weird, I keep waiting for ol man winter to lay a beating on us but so far nothing, the coldest we have seen is -11. I have worn my snow boots once. One casualty of this mild winter, the ice wine harvest has been wiped out.
My buddy the log truck driver is not happy, the rutted roads and muddy landings are slowing him down and taking their toll on equipment. They are currently running at 75% of legal loads which don't pay the bills.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gere Flewelling

My youngest son who lives in Washburn/Crousville Maine texted me with a picture of his thermometer on the outside of his house showing -28 degrees F yesterday morning :o.  Fortunately the wind wasn't blowing too hard.  His first winter up in the county.  Made my 0 degrees seem not so bad.  GF
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

51cub

28 now. It started snowing about 8 or 9 last night. 5 or 6in so far. The tv news is saying 2 to 4 more. Much more in the southern part of the state. I haven't heard any yet but they're saying alot of wind, too.
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

I've got the wind!!! Some snow too.

SwampDonkey

20F here this morning, still waiting for the snow. ;D

woodroe

Good day to be on the inside looking out. Been snowing
and blowing since midnight. Looking at a foot or more before its done 

SwampDonkey

She started closing in around 10:00 am. :)

thecfarm

That was a heavy snow. 
Most storms 1½ hours and I am done. Two hours and still not done. Bet I have another hour to go. Never had a storm like this since I have lived here for 20 years. Might of got 8 inches? Kinda hard to tell, the wind blew it around some. Had some hard drifts to go through. I wondered why the wife's jeep would not go up the driveway. 

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: 51cub on February 02, 2021, 05:47:07 AM5 or 6in so far. The tv news is saying 2 to 4 more.
Quote from: thecfarm on February 02, 2021, 09:07:10 PMNever had a storm like this since I have lived here for 20 years. Might of got 8 inches?

Well... Last week it snowed for 2 days and I got between 72-88 inches.  Was snowing again today and expected to get another 2 feet.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

It was over by midnight here and was a lot of sleet after dark. I don't think there is even 4" out there. No big wind here. A far cry from 12" though, can't complain. I knew when I heard of all the snow being dumped south of here that the punch would fall out of it before it got way up here. ;D

31F out there now and getting warmer. :)

SwampDonkey

Quote from: ljohnsaw on February 02, 2021, 11:38:22 PM
Well... Last week it snowed for 2 days and I got between 72-88 inches.  Was snowing again today and expected to get another 2 feet.
You guys should take all the snow you can get out there and hopefully recharge your water source by spring time. ;D

thecfarm

ljojnsaw, now that is some snow, Something went on way back in '69. I was only about 8 years old, so I had a grand time climbing on top of the shed roof, about 10 feet high and jumping off into the snow.
I have 30°. Looks like the single numbers are coming back, but again, high noon will be almost 20.

SwampDonkey

Mist of rain coming down now. Got the snow cleared off anyway. ;D I'd say 3" of snow tops, fell last night.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 03, 2021, 03:31:48 AM
Quote from: ljohnsaw on February 02, 2021, 11:38:22 PM
Well... Last week it snowed for 2 days and I got between 72-88 inches.  Was snowing again today and expected to get another 2 feet.
You guys should take all the snow you can get out there and hopefully recharge your water source by spring time. ;D
A "normal" year is 12' at my cabin location.  Closer to 20' at the top of the Sierras for a full water recharge.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

jtmccallum

Snowing and windy here.  Just had a lightning strike nearby.
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Thank You Sponsors!