iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I had 30 early morning, warmed up to 35°. Not much melting here on The Hill. ;D  Them city people had some melting going on.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

nativewolf

Quote from: ljohnsaw on February 03, 2021, 11:09:57 AM
Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 03, 2021, 03:31:48 AM
Quote from: ljohnsaw on February 02, 2021, 11:38:22 PM
Well... Last week it snowed for 2 days and I got between 72-88 inches.  Was snowing again today and expected to get another 2 feet.
You guys should take all the snow you can get out there and hopefully recharge your water source by spring time. ;D
A "normal" year is 12' at my cabin location.  Closer to 20' at the top of the Sierras for a full water recharge.
So where are you guys sitting now?  Is it already at 12' for the year or ?
Liking Walnut

Ljohnsaw

12' for the year.  I haven't been up lately but probably 6'.  On the weather last night the state average snow pack was at 30% two weeks ago.  One big storm and a small one put the state average up to 70%.  I think they said north state (me) was at 60-something % now.  Last storm down south was supposed to drop two years worth of water for them.  Lots of water but not a lot of snow!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

chevytaHOE5674

About 10" of snow today and calling for a bunch more of lake effect over the next few days. Temps are supposed to drop to Zero for high temps for the next while. Windchills are expected to drop to -40° at times over the next couple days. 

Moved the cattle deep into the woods for some shelter today before things went downhill.

SwampDonkey

Was up to 29F yesterday and no melting much, except in the gravel. I think a little bit of snow over night here, 24F.

Tippy, the fox, was around just before dark. She's been milling around the snow in the yard at night for mice since January. She might have gotten the odd chicken from the local coups. Gotta make a living.  ::)

Grey clouds most of the winter, never seen it so overcast as much as this winter. Not a lot of snow in them clouds, just like no rain in them clouds all summer. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: nativewolf on February 04, 2021, 09:20:39 PM
So where are you guys sitting now?  Is it already at 12' for the year or ?
Not even 12" (inches). :D :D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

A dusting night before last and probably another inch last night. Just nuisance snow, has to be shoved off or over time they pack and become ice. ::)  30F here this morning. Never seen none of that cold reported in areas not that far off. I must be on a warm 'micro climate island' (new term) or something because I know what 30 below feels like. Never really had a 'cold' winter here since 2008. Yeah OK, 20 degrees is still cold to sit in a rocking chair if you have no stove or heavy wool blanket around ya. :D

thecfarm

I have 25° now. Yesterday I got about 2 inches of snow. Got above freezing yesterday. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Ended up with about 16" of snow and now the wind has piled it up into 4 and 5 foot drifts. 4° with the windchill its well below zero. Looks to remain this way for the next week. 

SwampDonkey

Weather man says snow for about every day for 4 days, but again no amounts, just them 1" nuisance snows. :snowball:

SwampDonkey

Typical day this winter......

thecfarm

We'll get our snow 2 inches at a time.  :D

chevytaHOE5674

Meanwhile UP here I haven't been able to see the dusk to dawn light on my shop from the house (250 feet away) since last Thursday. Lol. The dang snow is piling up and blowing around.

Temp dropped to -5° by this afternoon and the wind was steady at 35mph and gusts to 65mph. The walk to the mailbox and then the shop was brutal.

SwampDonkey

Stars overnight here, down around 14F I think. But the day will look much like above photo by noon since another little snow storm is on it's way. :D

SwampDonkey

Moon over the cow shed and a little ditty to go along with it. ;D

K-K-K-Katy - Billy Murray (1918) - YouTube

Cruiser_79

Finally some snow in Holland, usually we have at most 5 times snow a year. For americans and canadians peanuts, in Holland everybody panics with 4'' snow :D :D  
Now we have a week eastern wind with temperatures -5 to -15 °Celcius (5 to 20 °F), so the snow will stay for a week or so. Usually it dissapears within a day... 
Yesterday some snow removal with the Holder

Wish we had real winters over here! 

SwampDonkey

Your climate changed a lot since WWII over there. When the war was ragging over there it was plenty cold and a lot of snow on the ground. Of course not as cold as Russia, but different than these days. Anyone over there born before 1920 will tell ya, but most of them are all dead from age. You're just a young pup, those old guys would be your great grandfathers. :D My grandfathers were born 1897 and 1908. Here's one of my grandfathers cleaning off the camp.

SwampDonkey

Yep, it snowed again here, more nuisance snow to shove off with the scoop, I don't think 2". ;D

Cruiser_79

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 08, 2021, 05:06:36 AM
Your climate changed a lot since WWII over there. When the war was ragging over there it was plenty cold and a lot of snow on the ground. Of course not as cold as Russia, but different than these days. Anyone over there born before 1920 will tell ya, but most of them are all dead from age. You're just a young pup, those old guys would be your great grandfathers. :D My grandfathers were born 1897 and 1908. Here's one of my grandfathers cleaning off the camp.

Yes it looks like. My grandparents always told that they could ice skate every year, they showed me pictures of the snowbanks and even the salt waters were frozen. Especially during WWII they had some bad winters. 
Unfortunately winters are too hot last years... Still hoping for a small ice age like they had in the 18th, 19th century  ;D

thecfarm

Nuisance snow, I like that. Yes, maybe 2 inches here to.

51cub

12 now and going to the 20s. The same 2in that Swamp and Ray got. A chance for another little  bit tomorrow, then again late week and the weekend. February definitely got more active than January was but it's mostly going south and east of me
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

chevytaHOE5674

-14° actual temp windchill -29°. More snow and a lot more drifting overnight. I don't mind winter too much, but I hate this kind of weather.

Old Greenhorn

The temp bottomed out at 9° overnight and the skies cleared. This morning it is a crisp 12° with bright blue skies, no wind and a deluge of sunshine! What a beautiful day, and the birds are singing, the rabbits are hopping around (apparently one rested for a while right outside my shop door early this morning). If for no other reason than the sun I will enjoy this day greatly. They are calling for another 3-6 tomorrow, then more snow on Thursday, I guess we are on the normal February track. If it's gonna snow, I just hope it stays cold.
 I am pleased the shop temps seem to be holding up. It was 51 in the when I stoked the stove this morning and I have had little problem getting it up to 60 in short order for the last couple of weeks, except for a day or two with high winds.
 Time to get at it!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Nebraska

Phone says -11 here,  just getting even with us for the mild early winter.  Going through my firewood pretty fast!

woodroe

Cold, blustery with blowing snow that fell yesterday.
Back down to zero tonight, throw another log on !  That Oak I set aside earlier
has been coming in handy lately, almost twice the BTUs of some of 
my softwood.

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Thank You Sponsors!