iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

It struggled to get to 12F here today, that wind was cold. But hey it's 7:30 and the sun is still above the horizon. ;D Be setting in 10 minutes I think though. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Hooooeeeee, cold enough to freeze the whiskers off a Tom cat. Another 5F morning. Not as windy, but the blinds are still swinging on the porch. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I had 10° here this morning. Cruel is right.  :( High 30's by tonight. Back to spring. Hope it takes this time.  :) 
Get back to melting those snow bankings on the other side of the road.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

The last thaw melted the banks here considerably, the ditch snow is below the road, where normally it would be 4 feet above the road crown in March. :D Of course I am talking about the down hill side of the road and no wind driven snow.

Old Greenhorn

15F at dawn this morning (whatever time that is this week  ;D) and I think I am re-adjusted to the temps, but for a few days it seemed pretty cruel after that warm stuff. A lot of the trees have sucked their buds back in. Which helps me getting the mushroom logs done before bud swell.
 Temps at night have been in the teens, and during the day it barely breaks freezing. Ground is still hard (also help with that harvest). Now that the wind is back in the 5-10 range I am good when I walked back from the shop last night it was about 18 but no wind and it felt really nice out with clear skies. 20° with a 40MPH wind gives a Wind Chill of around -20 something. 
 The shop got down to 50 yesterday because I was distracted by the GS's school commitments and lost track. The wind just wicks the heat off that building. Hopefully now it will moderate more, but we get what we get. 4 years and two days ago we had a 20"+ blizzard, so it could always be worse.
 Some small rain coming today, I see. Could be interesting.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Sunny day again and we did hit 30 this afternoon and another hr of sun to burn yet. ;D

Old Greenhorn

The high here today was 32, low of 16, 29 now. Just went out to feed the shop stove and it is snowing steady and the ground is white. ;D Hope it stops. The truck is going in for tires and brakes tomorrow and I really would like the wife to pick me up at the shop. She does not drive in the snow. Radar had shown precip here most of the day, but none hit the ground until now. They are guessing 40's tomorrow.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on March 16, 2021, 09:20:10 PM
The truck is going in for tires and brakes tomorrow
Same here for Thursday, gotta spend that spring bonus cheque (tax rebate). What's left goes on house-land tax. :D The government giveth and taketh away. :D :D

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, one of those 'slightly' overweight loads I picked up from Brage probably toasted them coming off the mountain. I probably did not have the trailer brakes cranked up high enough.
 SO far today we have 28.0° for the low and 28.9 for the high since midnight. Some white stuff left from last evening, but it is evaporating directly.

thecfarm

I have 15° and maybe a high of 50°. That might get some melting going on today. Maybe I will come home to  muddy driveway. Seem like have not seen that for a week.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Saying 45F for a high on the app, I'm thinking 40F. No south wind, it's still NW. Miracles have happened. ;D

HemlockKing

Looks like we're getting snowfall of 15cm on Friday, with the Maritimes you can never be sure until it's actually happening though.
A1

Texas Ranger

You folks east of Texas, batten down the hatches, you got one coming.  Skipped us with a little rain, watch closely.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Noth'n do'n. Suppose to be in the 50's here all next week. Wheeehaaaa!! Grab the golf balls before they float to the Fundy. :D

SwampDonkey

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 17, 2021, 06:49:05 AM
Saying 45F for a high on the app, I'm thinking 40F. No south wind, it's still NW. Miracles have happened. ;D
So I am thinking you mis-thunk that one a little? :D
 62!? we barely hit 39 today. Take it.

SwampDonkey

Got it covered, that was the miracle side kicking in. :D

I was walking by the neighbors, they were putting up their sap pales, and I said this weather is suppose to last a week, your going to be on bare ground by next Saturday. :D :D

firefighter ontheside

Thank the Lord, for its raining some more.  It's so wet.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

SwampDonkey

Rain and snow showers, some sun and 42F was the high. Started with 32F this morning. Water was flowing. ;D

Andries

It's 7°C or 44°F here, and forecast as warm for the rest of the week and weekend. Dock building and trying hurry it up because the ice won't last for another ten days with this crazy warm weather. Think I sun-burnt my face.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Old Greenhorn

About the same here but low 40's is a pretty good temp for keeping the beer cold outside. Rained steady all day so I stayed outta the woods, hope that spot I am cutting is not all mud tomorrow.

Old Greenhorn

Well we didn't get the snow overnight they called for. When the cold front came down from Toronto it pushed the moisture out to sea. This morning it was 25°F at 7am and clear. The radar is clear too and the ground is stiff again, I just don't know how deep it is stiff. ;D
 Headed out to cut in a little bit, cold on the fingers tips and ears, but such is life.

woodroe

Another big blow overnight. If it weren't nailed down it was moving.
Is it just me or does the wind blow more and harder than it use too ?
Its become a running joke around here.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

Cool breeze today and 10F this morning and nothing but sunshine. 8)

I tried walking on the crush this morning in the woods. No do'n. We have not had any rain to make thick crust. Every step I went to bottom. So I stayed out on packed trail. Lots of time to go woods walking.  ;D I took a moment to scheme a little, when looking through to woods, to see what needs snipped off and where to forward it out. All I see is cords of firewood standing among the better stuff.  I want to get going, but be 2 weeks anyway. I like cut'n firewood..........on bare ground. :D

Old Greenhorn

Well I think we turned the corner overnight. Yesterday was likely the last day I will be out working in 25° temps and 25mph winds freezing my finger tips. Highs for the next 7 days are to be in the mid to upper (not to be confused with Yooper) 50's, some 60's, and lows in the mid 30's. Looks like I finished my mushroom logs just in the nick of time. Now we enter full time mud until it dries up. Temp began shooting up at dawn this morning and is about 38 already. I hope my back heals up fast because this is when nature takes over and I start doing a lot of stuff outside. I am chomping at the bit already and it isn't even 40, but I have to rest this back or I will be down even longer.
 Here we go! 8)

Thank You Sponsors!