iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Was in the 40's here all night and this morning, heavy fog, rain later. Saying 1-3" inches snow tonight and into tomorrow though. Then partly sunny on Monday. You don't think you're done with snow do ya? :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Driveway, southeast

North

Southwest

Main Garden

Going fast....

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Whhoooheeee!!! Rain in buckets and thunder and lightning to go along with it. Run off now. :D

SwampDonkey

Sun's out, sun hitting garage and birch. ;D

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, you got what we had yesterday and overnight, except that it looks like it picked up an attitude somewhere around MA or ME?  ANyway, looks like you are through it. We got some sun this afternoon, but not a lot and the wind is a-whippin' right now. Dries things out right quick, sort of.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

HemlockKing

Warm and humid all day, couple breaks of sun but was drizzly as well, as of now it's pouring/thunder 
A1

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on March 26, 2021, 05:16:03 PM
 ANyway, looks like you are through it.
No, it came back around, raining hard again. Suppose to snow afterword, tonight. ;D

Sixacresand

For us guys who have been to the Woodmizer Distributor in Newnan, GA, a lot of that city was damaged from a recent tornado.  Of the many things they asking for on facebook, one is for large tarps to cover damaged roofs.  Please be in prayer for those residents
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

doc henderson

Kansas sunset this eve.  bit of rain.

God bless America.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

I always said that Kansas is so flat, you can see tomorrow on the horizon.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

SwampDonkey

All that new nastiness, 2" snow overnight. ;D

thecfarm

And coming my way!!
But today is a nice sunny day. Looks like some 20's, at night, at the end of next week. Just when I thought winter was over.  :D  As I say when someone is complaining about it, I would rather have it now than in June.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

The clouds are here.
Still wet here. Can't get out in the woods with the tractor. Lawn is still too wet to rake. But not too wet to take a walk and see what needs to get done.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Been between 30 and 32 all day. So, slow melting the new snow. ;)

Ljohnsaw

Hit 80° here today so probably be warmer tomorrow.  Gotta get finished on the mill rebuild.  The snow will be gone soon on the cabin property and have to get back at it!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

HemlockKing

Rainfall warning for my area tonight, Looks like 40mm or so and it comes down heavy. Warm temp along with that is welcome though.
A1

SwampDonkey

24F here this morning, expecting freezing rain/snow mix sometime. Back to nasty. It's actually snowing now that I can see outside. :D

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 28, 2021, 06:14:08 AM
24F here this morning, expecting freezing rain/snow mix sometime. Back to nasty. :D
Had a few wasps and skeeters buzzing around last couple days, last nights cold snap should slow them down from leaving dormancy :D. No ticks yet but suspect will have some in the coming weeks. Oh peepers are out too 
A1

thecfarm

Peepers!! Not fair!! All quiet here. But I know they are a coming.
I have 36° with moisture in the air. Rain is coming this afternoon. Maybe 40 by than too. Only about a 4° increase, but better than a decrease. 

Tom King

I had to cut grass yesterday.  Bermuda is green in the pastures.

mike_belben

We've had peepers for 2 weeks or so.  Been a stormy week. Flash flood watch thru tonight with a 7-10" rainfall warning.  Lightning hit something in my yard yesterday, not sure what.  All part of tornado season.
Praise The Lord

Old Greenhorn

I neglected to mention that our peepers finally showed up across the road Wednesday and they made it to our house on Thursday. Every year we here them working their way up the elevation, day by day. Friday they were going nuts in the swamp all day long. They are horny little guys. ;D You can't hear yourself think after dark.
 Gonna be a rainout today, with a high of 60°F, you can feel it in the air and the birds are scrambling to get their chores done before it hits.

SwampDonkey

Be another month before peepers here. In fact the old saying up here is: for every day they peep in April, they will lie still in May. ;)

Staying in the 20's here and a SE wind to help it. ;D

I have some raspberry to transplant/move around, but March is way too early. End of April for that. :) I'm think'n them aspen wished they didn't flower by now. The willows knew better. ;D

Andries

And there's another old saying over here:
"If March comes in like a lamb, it'll go out like a lion."
Our lion is forecast to arrive on Tuesday.
A fun mix of snow, rain and high winds.
AKA, an Alberta Clipper. If it wasn't for the virus, all the school kids would be cheering for a 'snow day'.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

HemlockKing

Quote from: mike_belben on March 28, 2021, 09:38:03 AM
We've had peepers for 2 weeks or so.  Been a stormy week. Flash flood watch thru tonight with a 7-10" rainfall warning.  Lightning hit something in my yard yesterday, not sure what.  All part of tornado season.
You must be on the north east Mike, we had thunder so loud I didn't even wanna go outside or sit by the window such as I normally do, we have a rainfall warning for tonight starting shortly.
A1

Thank You Sponsors!