iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Well, the weather is smoothing out here finally. high 30's to low 40's overnight and upper 50's to 60's during the day. Yesterday was shirt sleeve weather but not quite t-shirt which is just how I like it. The shop is at least in the upper 50's in the morning or low 60's, also good. I am still running the stoves, for the shop to keep it dry and for the house to keep it comfortable at night. 
 I have no complaints. :)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Getting a little bit of rain today. :) I think it was 36F here over night.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

farmfromkansas

Do the rest of you have this high wind? Or is it just for Kansas?  How about you Nebraska?  Rained a tiny bit this morning, we have good storm chances for tonite.  But a calm day here and there otherwise we have WIND.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

SwampDonkey

Very slight breeze here out of the north. 45F here now. Everyone is boiling down sap here at 3 shacks.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

43F this morning, little morning smudge with aspen wood will do for the day. It's like a green house here with all this garden stuff growing, fan on and over 50 % RH. ;D

Yesterday afternoon got to 54F, took the SxS for her first ride. Woods road still icey and slimy. Oh well. ;D

HemlockKing

It's nice and mild out this morning first crack of daylight now, just enjoying the quiet with my first coffee , 50+ all week and no rain should make for a good few days to work horse in the wood lot 
A1

thecfarm

Sun just came up at 34°. 
The leaf rakes are being bought at the store!! Time to clean up and make the place look good.
I have a lot to clean up around here. Still have the snow blower on the tractor. I will take that off sometime and put the bushog on. Than I will run that around and chew up some of the branches that fell. That will help out on some of the clean up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Hoping to start some yard excavation today with the Kabota. Got some ground smoothing and digging to do. Ground is all firmed up around here.  ;D

thecfarm

Ice out at Mosher pond!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Ooooh,ahhhhhh!!! That little Kubota is a great little toy for yard work. But I tell ya, I feel it in the knees, lower back and steering arm after 10 hrs. I'm glad I'm not a lever pulling man for a living. :D :D :D

43F this morning, sunny, no wind. Probably hit 60F with no trouble today. :)

thecfarm

A wonderful day yesterday. Had 70° on the car thermometer, than drove about a ½ hour North and lost 10°. Still have ice about a hour from me in the ponds. And it's not black ice either, still white. 
A wonderful morning here, geese I can hear, turkeys too, crows are busy and some other birds too. Maybe another 70° day. Things are firming up around here. Did get the tractor into the field, by the garden. Still not into the woods yet. We won't be finding any snow/ice to make ice cream on my Grand Father's birthday on May 1.

mike_belben

Yesterday while school was letting out an  EF0 tornado walked right into the loading zone and into then over the school.  It ripped the roof and a free standing carport sort of covered walkway down where they load the kids.  Trees came down blocking the busses and windows got blown out of the bus while the kids were on it.. A neighbor kid got cut up a bit and i heard a teacher got hit by flying debris but thank the lord no real casualties.  My kids are fine.  Quite the shakeup.  

I guess God doesnt care for their new age curriculum either. 
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

Upper 60's here today, no wind, just sunshine. The grass is tinder dry, I wouldn't want to leave any fire unwatched.

thecfarm

Yesterday was the first day that I got into my truck and it was hot in there. Was 70° yesterday. Another nice sunny day!!

SwampDonkey

Yes, went for a ride yesterday afternoon and had to have the windows down in the truck for sure, got to 68F here. It was 43F this morning and sunny start, more clouds this afternoon. Had no smudge for a couple days and I have the windows open again this afternoon. It's 65% RH with 75F in the grow op, I keep a fan on. :)

Painted the boundary lines this morning. Saw my first two deer coming back up river for the summer and first deer tracks on the bridge by the woodlot. Also moose track in the soft ground out by harvest trail. Been a couple moose out on the woodlot this winter, seen old tracks in snow 2 weeks ago. None coming out to fields yet. Saw 3 turkeys, one was near the woodlot, but I know there are lots up there, they was in the maple leaves last fall scratching around for the seeds. Mice probably got ahead of them though. :D

thecfarm

Looks like we will be waiting for the above 70° weather for a while. Back to Aprils temps, high 50's. Was a great 3 days!!!

SwampDonkey

Was 32F this morning, but it is sunny and 36F now, no wind. No rain in sight for next 3 days. It's getting real dry here to. Ground is hard like July. ::) Hit the bushes tomorrow mapping out ground. No peepers here yet, no blue birds or swallows.

HemlockKing

Spring has arrived, budding on maples 
A1

HemlockKing

34 here this morning suppose to warm up, been beautiful weather for working outdoors this whole last week, ground is really dry already, we are suppose to get a light rain Saturday night. 
A1

woodroe

Same here, been beautiful for the most part. Nice to be out without 
having to layer up.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

HemlockKing

Quote from: woodroe on April 14, 2021, 04:46:55 AM
Same here, been beautiful for the most part. Nice to be out without
having to layer up.
had first deer tick of season on me yesterday  :-\
A1

woodroe

Started watching for them when out but with pemethrin treated clothes they
don't seem to very interested for more than a minute or two.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Ljohnsaw

75° down here yesterday with a light dusting of snow up at the cabin property.  Predicting 90° for Sunday down here. ::)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Had a woods fire about 15 minutes from me. Someone burning something and it got away from them. Way too dry to be burning!!!!

SwampDonkey

Up here need burn plans filed with DNR unless a small manageable pile of brush. Usually can burn until almost May before fire season. I would say fire season began here at least a week ago. Field here by the house looks sand dry. We even had a lot of fall rain, she's gone. ::)

Was 62F here yesterday and just as warm for today they said. Suppose to get snow/rain Saturday. ;D Frogs came out here over a week ago now, but they are not singing much. You'll here them some then quiet. :-\

No blue birds or swallows. No bugs active yet I guess, except mosquitoes in the yard. >:(

Out in the back country they are still making syrup. Seen a little snow in the woods there, but just about dried up. Was out at the Hargrove's facility, they are on Chris's scale, only a lot bigger. They must suck some fuel because they have some huge fuel tanks in the yard, but I also smelt wood smoke or soot to. ;D

Yeah, the big maple here in the yard has been flushed for over a week. I hope the grapes don't get in a hurry or they will be stone dead by the middle of June. :D

Thank You Sponsors!