iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodroe

The wind is blowing again.  
Headed for the woods this morning for 
some cleanup but turned back. Trees dancing like there is no tomorrow.
Back to springlike again tomorrow, and less wind. 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Mosher pond did not look to inviting tonight when I drove by. That wind is busy and it's cold out there!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

34 here now, almost looks daylight here the moon is so bright. Sunny and 60+ later let's hope the bugs aren't too bad
A1

SwampDonkey

Still storm here, but lighter by home. Drove out toward the back country, heavier rain and snow on the trees. I turned tail. :D Only in the 30's.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Well I suppose the black flies are not out yet? There was a few out today. Never heard of a few black flies before.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Black flies? Holy woah we still have snow on the ground..... haha.

Its been cold and wet here. Highs in the 30s lows in the 20s, snow on and off just about everyday often briefly changing to rain during the "heat" of the afternoon.

thecfarm

Nothing for cold stuff here. Not going to find any ice to make ice cream for my Grand Father's birthdays on May 2.

HemlockKing

Pouring down rain for most of today, not getting anything done outside I guess  :D
A1

thecfarm

Must be the same as what I have here, RAIN!!!!  Looks like it rained all night!!! We need it.

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on April 30, 2021, 06:43:32 AM
Must be the same as what I have here, RAIN!!!!  Looks like it rained all night!!! We need it.
Maine isn't all that far away  ;D 
Got ponds in my yard that wasn't here yesterday...
A1

thecfarm

swampdonkey has got rain and I have sun all day before.
Looks like rain all day!!!

HemlockKing

Will try to go out later if it slows down and salvage at least half a day in the woods, at this point thought it's dropping buckets and it's sort of cold so I'm not into that whole thing :D
A1

HemlockKing

Well I can't sit around any longer I've sharpened all the chains kicking around and now I'm kicking rocks off to the races.... within a few minutes will look like I went swimming
A1

SwampDonkey

In the 40's with a cold rain for today. I have a fire on, feels nice. Last 2 days been almost 70F. ;D

Monday there was definite snow up on the hills and into Tuesday. I seen cars coming in from Glassville with 2" snow on them Tuesday and was still raining. I came right back home when I seen all that. At the house it was clearing and a stiff breeze to dry the trees off, was different climate across the river. :D We could also see some snow on the hills by tomorrow morning here. Here at the house, lots of trees out green, and the plums have a million blooms coming on already, not opened, but swelled up ready to bust. :D Raspberries here have 1" new growth. Rhubarb is only 6" high. I could mow the lawn by next Friday, never thought brown drought killed grass could ever come back to life. Miracles right there. :D  No kidding, stuff is really greened up here. No black flies. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on April 30, 2021, 07:29:18 AM
swampdonkey has got rain and I have sun all day before.
Looks like rain all day!!!
Even from here looking toward route 11 at Masardis, it could be sun here all day and over there 30 miles in a straight line, rain on the hills all day long.

HemlockKing

I'm outside I'm soaked but the rain knocked off 8) Let's goooo
A1

SwampDonkey

Been raining hard all day, still raining hard. Had an 1" in 10 hrs so far. I like dry and warm. :D Suppose to be wet tomorrow to, more showery.

HemlockKing

Ended up sunny here, real windy though! Just drove into town for food to find out the power is out. Such is life. 
Got some pine seedlings Planted today still got 800 or so  :D. 
A1

SwampDonkey

What pine ya planting? Hope ya got no moose or porkies. They've ruined what the rust didn't kill on my land. 3000 moose targets, and that is when interplanting among thousands of other trees. Safety in numbers? Wanna bet?  I'll find a sapling that looks decent today, by this fall the moose have the bark removed or over winter the porky was chewing. :D

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 01, 2021, 04:30:14 AM
What pine ya planting? Hope ya got no moose or porkies. They've ruined what the rust didn't kill on my land. 3000 moose targets, and that is when interplanting among thousands of other trees. Safety in numbers? Wanna bet?  I'll find a sapling that looks decent today, by this fall the moose have the bark removed or over winter the porky was chewing. :D
White and red pine, me and the porkies are at war right now, I recently took one out that had been working on one of my younger oak trees and it got half the crown before I shot it. I really don't like doing it but there is no other way, they are way too plentiful around here, no moose though. I suspect I'd have most problems with deer, I have lots. I'm keeping this in mind though and planting somewhat liberally and if most make it no problem anyway because I will be closely managing this section of my lot. Also have red spruce, black spruce to plant for this spring, hopefully repeating every spring for the next few years.
A1

HemlockKing

One got into my recycling and ATE HALF A BEER CAN, anything salt.
A1

SwampDonkey

thecfarm

Eastern white pine is just like dog hair on my land.  :o  I get some regen on my land going on. I need to get swampdonkey down here to do a thinning so the grand kids will make more money.  ;D I cut a few EWP and I get 1000's of them things. Worse than poplar. ;D
Looks like the rain is done. A very nice rain. Hope it remembers to rain again in about 2 weeks.

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 01, 2021, 05:03:34 AM
:D :D

Caught on Cam: Moose licking salt off vehicles in Alberta - YouTube
That's hilarious! That moose looks like a mellow fella. I had seen a moose in the wild Once and it was while driving through New Brunswick to get to the border. We were in a tiny volts wagon on some backroad middle of the night and the headlights just shine on this monster of a animal in the middle of the road not giving a single care, we slowly backed up and after a couples minutes he moosied off into the woods and that was it :D
Our mainland moose numbers are low, I believe most sightings are around the keiji national park area, I wouldn't doubt there were moose here over 50 years ago though my land is prime moose habitat
A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on May 01, 2021, 05:32:07 AM
Eastern white pine is just like dog hair on my land.  :o  I get some regen on my land going on. I need to get swampdonkey down here to do a thinning so the grand kids will make more money.  ;D I cut a few EWP and I get 1000's of them things. Worse than poplar. ;D
Looks like the rain is done. A very nice rain. Hope it remembers to rain again in about 2 weeks.
I have lots of beauty mature straight pines that are all over 60-70 years of age but all the regen seems to be balsam? Anyway I kept some of the best balsam stands and took out the rest because on my land that's what grows like dog hair here  :D
A1

Thank You Sponsors!