iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 05, 2021, 04:22:26 AM
I don't want sweet mixed with chemicals down my face and mouth. Nasty nasty. :D
The price I'm willing to pay :D. The feeling of netting makes me cringe, I have not the slightest clue why. 
Gonna be a nice day today hopefully, got lots of energy I'm planning to burn, feeling like beating up some slash and going hard. 
A1

SwampDonkey

Be raining here for 2 days, starting now.

There's about 10,000 blooms ready to open on the Canada plums in the yard. My little raspberry patch probably has 500 new canes starting through the ground. I see life in a couple new black elder sticks I stuck into the mud. I cut 4, so if 2 come, great. More seeds from Vesey's just shipped, still waiting for my Canada red rhubarb buds. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

A very light rain now. I just came in from scooping up the ridge of rocks and gravel the snow plow leaves beside the road. We mow the fields up and down the road. Hard to mow gravel and rocks.  ;)
Still have along ways to go with that project.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Late this afternoon the rain kicked in full stream, looks like an overnighter for sure. Was showers mostly before. Never reached 50F all day.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Rain started here too, suppose to get heavy into the night 
A1

mike_belben

Were ok.  The weather service said middle TN had 10 distinctly seperate EF zeros yesterday.  Thats about 3 weeks after one hit my kids school while loading busses.  Took a roof up, lifted some busses and shattered windows onto kids but everyones ok. 
Praise The Lord

chevytaHOE5674

Had one warm day last weekend, then been lucky to make it to 40° since, with a good bit of rain and snow flurries mixed in.

HemlockKing

Rain came down so hard it woke me up :D it was violent 
A1

SwampDonkey

Been steady rain all night, but not a beating down rain. Still raining a good clip. Froggy weather.  :)

HemlockKing

I don't even hear peepers or frogs  :D :D the rain droplets were so large must have knocked them out  :D :D :D
A1

SwampDonkey

Rain on steel here, so can't even here a robin sing, but yet nice sound to sleep to. :D

HemlockKing

A1

HemlockKing

A1

Walnut Beast

thecfarm

No 70's temps coming for the next week. 38° here now. The wind was just a blowing yesterday!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Not even going to hit 60 here for at least the next week. Got 52 today, mainly clouds. Too cold for bugs. There was 4 swallows around. No blue birds yet. :-\

woodroe

Can't complain here although frosty this morning (28*) but sprang back up
into the 60s under blue skies and just a light breeze for a change.
Got three cords of wood split with little blackfly nuisance over the last couple days.
Tree Swallows a plenty and a pair of bluebirds vying for a nest box. First Hummingbird today.
Fresh Asparagus within a couple days, things are looking up as usual this time of year.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

HemlockKing

Looks like the sou western part of N.S. is in for some heavy snowfall today lol 

Just rain here, gonna go beat some brush around before it starts. If I don't do it it don't get done- some member off here I can't remember. Good quote  :D
A1

thecfarm

Quote from: HemlockKing on May 08, 2021, 05:33:14 AM
  If I don't do it it don't get done      
That quote came about because of my manual mill. 
I have 35° here.
@woodroe,I was above freezing when you had a frost. You must be in a low spot? I am up on a slight hill and can dodge the early and late frost.
I was out early in the morning with a sweat shirt on. Did not take long to warm up.

woodroe

Quote from: thecfarm on May 08, 2021, 05:47:47 AM

@woodroe,I was above freezing when you had a frost. You must be in a low spot? I am up on a slight hill and can dodge the early and late frost.

There is that 200 acre pond across the road, and the sandy river a few miles away so 
yeah, kinda low being only 100' in el. above the pond and river.
Hoping these frosty nights go away soon because the Apple trees are wanting to blossom, 30* this morning.

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

Certainly a fire this morning. ;D There was some white frost in a low field below home, white as snow. Lighter frost here. It was 35F on the porch therm., but on the ground it can be colder for sure. I think it might be 52F now. Saw a bear in a field and 2 grouse out in  the plantation I'm measuring. Cold NE wind. fire_smiley

HemlockKing

Pretty sour the rain hasn't completely knocked off yet, around 42 here so it's a cold rain, really the only weather I won't work in. Despite it I'm forcing myself out to get some work done. Suppose to be sunny later but that means hoards of black flies, can't win, lots of brush moving and ripping balsam growth up as it's everywhere. 
A1

SwampDonkey

You using a brush saw in the fir? The stuff is thick as weeds. :D

Another cold morning calls for a wood fire. ;D

HemlockKing

SD, I'm looking into clearing saws, they are pricey! I'm going to go with a stihl for sure. Any recommendations? The area I am currently pulling balsam is sort a "ornamental" part of my land, slopped area, nice pond big white pines , oaks and a few undergrowth hemlocks I planted. Cleaning the ground up completely in this spot as you can see it when driving up the lane way. Usually I don't bother with balsam until it's waist height then I will use loppers, small chainsaw etc. 
A1

SwampDonkey

You probably don't need to pro model for cottage work. The FS360 should be fine. I wouldn't drop down to the brush cutter models. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!