iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodroe

34* here. Glad we missed a frosty night, apples are blooming.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

HemlockKing

Calling for frost tonight I might hold off for a few more days in my veggie garden
A1

SwampDonkey

Was frost on the windshield and white frost like snow down in the low field. Looked like snow. No blossoms out yet except pin cherry, red elder and serviceberry bushes. No apples or plums yet, but the little plum has been sitting idle for a week because the blooms are elongated, just not opened up. Too cold. ;D Apples don't usually bloom until the first week of June around here.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Beautiful out right now, 72 where I am Inland and slight breeze, swarms of black flies. Grounds getting really dry, spent the day making a 4x20 garden bed, cut small growth, pick axe stumps rocks etc, have it nice and churned, just cut some logs and notched them to nail together To make 4x20 box (yes I know they will rot lol ). Gonna drop some seeds in early tomorrow morning when it’s cool/before the black flies wake up :)
A1

SwampDonkey

Black flies was so cold they was crawling up under my hard hat just to keep warm. Not one bite. ;D

Barely 60F here today, we had afternoon showers. Clearing now and going to be frost tomorrow I suspects.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 13, 2021, 06:11:46 PM
Black flies was so cold they was crawling up under my hard hat just to keep warm. Not one bite. ;D

Barely 60F here today, we had afternoon showers. Clearing now and going to be frost tomorrow I suspects.
Sorry to hear that  :D
A1

thecfarm

Heat wave here at 50° this morning.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Woke up 2 hours late  :D I guess swinging a pick axe all day in dry heat with black flies picking at you gasses you. Back at er, pitter patter. 70 today i suspect(they calling for 65 but I'm always warmer here) And sun light breeze 
A1

sawguy21

The forecast is 24C for today, high 70's for y'all down south. Trees are in bloom and farmers are planting but it is dry, we have had little rain. It is supposed to get wet next week but who knows how much.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Sunny and 64F here. Got the lawn mowed for the first run. ;D I don't think we will hit 70F for a few more days, constant cool north wind. Overcast and spotty showers for the weekend.

Ready to stick them onions in tomorrow morning before the flies warm up. ;D

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 14, 2021, 04:38:48 PM
Sunny and 64F here. Got the lawn mowed for the first run. ;D I don't think we will hit 70F for a few more days, constant cool north wind. Overcast and spotty showers for the weekend.

Ready to stick them onions in tomorrow morning before the flies warm up. ;D
I accepted fate and bought a bug net :D black flies are swarming and aggressively biting. With the chainsaw it's not bad because they just fly around the exhaust port of that but been gardening last few days... 
A1

HemlockKing

When the wind comes from the North (in warmer months)we typically get warmer air since it has to travel through bay of funds over the valley etc, been warmest part of province last few weeks.
A1

SwampDonkey

I've definitely used a bug net around the gardens, but tomorrow morning in the low thirties they will be frozen  in time long enough for me to poke in onions. :D

thecfarm

Got another heatwave temp this morning, almost 50°. Maybe I can put my stocking hat away?  ;D  Those low 30's mornings don't last long. By 8 or 9, it warms up quick.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodroe

70s and possibly a 80 degree day on tap all this week.
Blackflies will be ferocious at those temps.
Wood Ticks have become a daily nuisance as well.
Been beautiful here weather wise. Apples are abuzz in bees and full bloom.
1st hand full of Asparagus from the garden couple days back, mmmmm good . 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

It hit 72 here yesterday afternoon and we had a heavy shower after dark. Looks like sun for a couple days. I don't see any 70's and 80's forecast up here. Mid to upper 60's for us, Houlton radio never mentioned it anyway.

HemlockKing

Hit 75 here yesterday probably be close to that today, no rain, just sun in the forecast
A1

SwampDonkey

Today, they have a longer range forecast and looks like mid 70's for Wednesday. I think today it will be 70 on the porch here, but that is not actual temp because the porch holds the heat in the afternoon, just a screened porch. I was in the woods earlier it it felt like 60'ish at 12:30. Had the bug net on. ;D

thecfarm

This might be the first thunder shower of the year. Them black flies are full bore wide open.

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on May 16, 2021, 01:51:22 PM
This might be the first thunder shower of the year. Them black flies are full bore wide open.
They were calling for a chance of thunder showers on the radio, really
Hope it hits us too
A1

SwampDonkey

Well.........our first big thunderstorm of summer is on it's way from Maine. ;)

HemlockKing

So hot out had to pause on the pick axe work. Don't want heat stroke, cause I feels it coming on. I can't believe it's this warm early mid may
A1

doc henderson

lots of black rolling clouds, some sprinkles and downpours.  worked on my  sprinkler system today.  had to retrofit a manifold and replace the pump.  about the time I got it done,  a big downpour.  I could barely tell if the sprinklers were on, due to the rain.  I was so wet, that when I saw a duck walking in the driveway, I tried to get  a pic, and my phone would not swipe.  lots of thunder and distant lightning, ozone.  awwww Kansas!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

HemlockKing

I read black rolling clouds and thought black flies at first  :D :D ;D
A1

doc henderson

it has been cool so not to many flies or mosquitoes.  anyone seeing locusts?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!