iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Locust? Or did you mean cicadas? This is year 17, when some of them are to emerge. :)

Got to 70 F here and black flies in clouds today and they's a chew'n. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Some thunder rumbles in the distance, warm 70s.
Can confirm blackflies are chewin'. 
When they are history the deerflies will take over the chewin'.  ;D
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

HemlockKing

Quote from: woodroe on May 17, 2021, 05:13:01 PM
Some thunder rumbles in the distance, warm 70s.
Can confirm blackflies are chewin'.
When they are history the deerflies will take over the chewin'.  ;D
Around here it’s blackfly> mosquito>deer fly
A1

doc henderson

what ever, either one what is the difference.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

HemlockKing

Quote from: doc henderson on May 17, 2021, 08:14:23 PM
what ever, either one what is the difference.  
Have you n been bitten by a deer fly? Big difference doc  ;D
A1

HemlockKing

We need rain badly, only sun in the forecast until Saturday, hope we get a thundershower or something, will start at 6am to beat the heat so I can get another garden bed torn up, kale, cauliflower mostly for this one
A1

SwampDonkey

Just a Tuuuuuuuuesday afternoooooon. (well Monday :D ) A reference to the Moody Blues song. ;)

Yes, we had a thunderstorm with hail and heavy rain to go along with it for good measure. :D

Quarter inch hail May,17 2021 - YouTube

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Had 3 short burst showers here, enough to interfere with screening topsoil. ::) Cleared out now, 68F today.

Going to be heading into the 80's Thursday-Friday, but weekend showers going to drop temps into the 60's for a few days. Way too early for hot. Surely won't need AC for another couple weeks. ;D

HemlockKing

Dropped about 2 droplets here, looked like it was gonna pour but then the sun came back out, getting toyed with, we need this rain dang it!!
A1

SwampDonkey

Got the soil hauled this afternoon, the fella drove out by the house. I had got off work early and was mowing. He said I'm coming with your soil. I said walk'er to'er. 12 loads in 2 hrs. ;D

Got to 69F today.

Ljohnsaw

Predicting a little snow up on my cabin property tomorrow. ::)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

HemlockKing

Been 70-75 and sunny not a drop of rain all week and none forecasted. Forest fire 10km away. No wind and it's on the other size of a lake/river system. Hoping it doesn't spread .
A1

SwampDonkey

I think it was a little above 80F until the thunderstorms moved in, dropped back to mid 70's. :) Going to be in the upper 50's by Monday. 8)

HemlockKing

77 here today cooling off now 72. Sun made feel hotter, Forrest fire of 100 hectares a few miles  away is 50% contained now. Doesn't expect it to spread more, was worried and still a little, calling for bits of rain tomorrow 
A1

SwampDonkey

Calling for showers here all weekend, not steady rain. But if thunder showers, they can dump some water. ;D

HemlockKing

Foggy and damp this morning, rain suppose to start, come on rain! Everything needs it
A1

thecfarm

Yes on the rain.
Looks like we are headed for some high 70's and 80's temps. Cooler shirts will be worn.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

By Monday morning you'll have the jacket on with 60's for temps. :D I think Tuesday-Wednesday will be warm, but rain Wednesday and a cooling down into 60's rest of the week.

Showery weather here now. Not suppose to be a steady rain, and ain't so far.

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 22, 2021, 06:53:03 AM
By Monday morning you'll have the jacket on with 60's for temps. :D I think Tuesday-Wednesday will be warm, but rain Wednesday and a cooling down into 60's rest of the week.

Showery weather here now. Not suppose to be a steady rain, and ain't so far.
That's perfect temperature for working in the woods anyway. Put a jacket on work for 10 mins and it comes off lol . Cool down quickly when take break too
A1

woodroe

Early heat wave today 85* w/ humidity to boot. I guess its a reminder that AC season
is approaching. Dry too. Need to have a rain dance.    
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

HemlockKing

So it sprinkled but not enough to wet the ground really. Calling for showers Tomorrow but maybe Mother Nature will toy with me again
A1

thecfarm

swampdonkey I will ride the wave while I can.  ;D  Not even 10 days ago I had a stocking hat on first thing in the morning. That is at 5:30 am not 9 am by the way.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We had some heavy downpours throughout the day here, water running over land. But, just up the road closer to the mountain was a lot more rain, a good soaking up there. Even the woods road up by the woodlot is slimy wet. The mosquitoes really love that wet humid air up there. I had to put the bug net on when going for a walk out the bike trail. I did here my first bittern of the year down in the beaver pond.

Crazy sounding bird, he has to gulp to make his call. ;D Click on some of the other calls below this one. I'm used to the 2nd call.

American Bittern Sounds, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

HemlockKing

Well we got lots of rain while I was sleeping, puddles everywhere, good! 
I have been usin  a bug net a lot lately but I need to use long sleeves and gloves with it or it bothers me(the feeling of the netting) 
A1

thecfarm

Yes we need rain here too. Wife mowed the wet hole as we call it. Some years she can not mow it until mid June, because that area is too wet and she will get stuck in the mud. This area is fed by at least 2 springs.
I have 64° all ready at 5 in the morning.
Might even get the tomatoes in today. Kinda late for us. Most years we get things in early. At least I don't have to worry about frost, so much. But saying that, probably about 15 years ago we had a frost about June 4-5. I can remember because we had a greenhouse and we was selling stuff. Many came back to buy tomatoes plants.

Thank You Sponsors!