iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on May 23, 2021, 04:55:55 AM
Yes we need rain here too. Wife mowed the wet hole as we call it. Some years she can not mow it until mid June, because that area is too wet and she will get stuck in the mud. This area is fed by at least 2 springs.
I have 64° all ready at 5 in the morning.
Might even get the tomatoes in today. Kinda late for us. Most years we get things in early. At least I don't have to worry about frost, so much. But saying that, probably about 15 years ago we had a frost about June 4-5. I can remember because we had a greenhouse and we was selling stuff. Many came back to buy tomatoes plants.
This is my first year going big on a garden. It’s about 30x15 ft . Kale, radish, lettuce, yellow bell peppers, cucumber, green peas, yellow pea/beans, cauliflower,tomatoes,  so I’m pretty invested in the weather this year and also hoping no frost  ;D. Cost of living I’ve decided to try to save any money where I can, I’m not sure how good of crops I will get, the soil is sandy loam with a good forrest duff layer and sheep manure tilled up. Have yet to set the trellis netting or deer netting but that won’t take too long
A1

SwampDonkey

I got three loads of loam spread around here and the water came. It's really coming down good. :)

It was 64F here at 3:00 am.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 23, 2021, 08:46:53 AM
I got three loads of loam spread around here and the water came. It's really coming down good. :)

It was 64F here at 3:00 am.
We get that same storm system
Later today. Looks like heavy rain
A1

goose63

Its a roller coaster foe 3 days had the AC going and now I'm ready for a small fire :)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

1-1/3" rain this morning. Clearing now and stiff wind from the north. Dropped down into 50's.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Rain just started coming down hard was sunny and 76 2 hours ago
A1

woodroe

35* this morn. Hummingbird at the feeder appears to be shivering a little. 
We had a 2 minute downpour yesterday, 1st rain in weeks it seems.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Do they make heated humming bird feeders?  :D
Yes on the shower.  :(  We got a shower at home, a few days ago, nothing at work, as you know 15 minutes away.
A bit cool this morning. 
No cooler shirt this morning. ;D
I digging grass out of one corner of the garden. Sure is dry.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Everything here is saturated. I can't move top soil for another day. ::) I did move some Ranger dump bed loads of soil on rough patches though and seeded down. The rest I have to push around with the tractor and use the Ranger and a weighted pallet to smooth it up since the tractor will just pack it to much. We have been lucky the last 4 weeks to get 1 to 2" every week. I hope it keeps on all summer, won't have to haul water. :) The grass I leave go where the old barn sat is now chest high where there is some soil, sorta ledgy there. But below the garden is deep loam, grass is tall in there as raspberry canes. I notice the bobolinks around the tall grass looking for a home. The R2D2 bird. :)

SwampDonkey

Raining again, just a very light one. 60F before daylight. Going to get colder for the rest of the week. ;)

edit: Well, here it is about 7:00 am and the rain is done. Going to be 80F today and breezy, but end in thunderstorms tonight bringing in cold air.

HemlockKing

80 today they're saying. I check the garden and one cucumber just sprouted! Better be no frost from now!
A1

goose63

Gonna shoot the weather gueser talking frost to night and s--w tomorrow >:(
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

HemlockKing

Cucumbers , peas and radish have sprouted. I'm committed now! No frost!!
A1

HemlockKing

Didn't quite reach 80 here today, probably 70 at the hottest point. Very windy. 2 hours east had much more heat
A1

thecfarm

It will rain now!!! I watered the garden with a sprinkler can. I used about 14 gallons. Water is right by the garden, but still have to carry it a good 20 feet. I just went up and down the rows. She planted some basil and broccoli too. Onions, both yellow and red.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

poss. tornado, rain, and hail tonight, might sleep in a hammock in the yard.  beautiful Kansas weather! 8)   :)  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

chevytaHOE5674

High of 44° today with a strong north wind. Frost the next 2 nights. Hopefully that's the last of it.

SwampDonkey

Reached 82F here and 60 % RH. The skies let loose in the afternoon off and on until midnight. Needless to say it made everything damp. We never had any thunderstorms nor wind here in the change over. When it rained it came hard. :D But hey, the seed I did have down is sprouted now. ;)  Gotta wait a day or two to smooth out the rest of the new mud with the Ranger and a pallet drag. Red neck landscaping.  ;D

62F here this morning.

SwampDonkey

A visitor in the potato field beside my house this morning. Young and foolish. ;D

https://youtu.be/QAAkaZfwmpA

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 27, 2021, 05:53:35 AM
A visitor in the potato field beside my house this morning. Young and foolish. ;D

https://youtu.be/QAAkaZfwmpA
He got so much field he doesn't even know what to do with himself! 
A1

SwampDonkey

Couldn't drag mud, so I took apart my barn door and salvaged any good boards and rebuilt with some new. Slapped on some paint, good for another 15 years I hope. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

Frosty this morning here, few miles inland it was more of a freeze. Same again tonight. Flowers around the house don't look too good today. 

SwampDonkey

35F here on the porch, nippy. ;D Probably 32F at ground level. Gotta put some water on the grapes in case they got bit, that often saves your plants. Before the sun hits them though. ;D  Might give mother's new bleeding heart a watering to. They are a succulent plant.

Yesterday I put in two new Canada red rhubarb buds, lots of manure around them, so they should be fine in the cool air. ;D

HemlockKing

We didn't get hit by frost even though we had warning. It was surprising mild when I woke up almost 50. The garden is looking good, only a couple rows left to sprout 
A1

Old Greenhorn

Certainly strange weather. It was in the 90's the other day, last night it hit 48 and the temp is not predicted to go much over 55 today and 50 tomorrow. Up where I'll be harvesting mushroom logs its gonna be 48 today and 44 tomorrow. AT least I won't be sweating too much. ;D  Kind of glad I didn't put in the garden yet.
 Weird.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!