iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

Our forest fire season is usually from snow melt until green up. By now fire danger has usually passed. We are in extreme fire danger now with absolutely no burning allowed.

I've mowed lawn once this year and that was 2 weeks ago. Only thing growing out there is a few dandelions. Even ditches and low areas with reed canary grass (which is often 4 foot high by now) are only 6 to 8" tall.

Neighbor is logging Cedar ground which is unheard of anytime of the year but -30° with 4 foot of snow froze down.

woodroe

That drought business can be psychologically draining. Dealt with it last summer (bad one) and was
starting to worry again already this year but fortunately picked up 1" of slow rain
over the last 24hrs.  
Next week predicting a couple days in the mid 90s. Will be putting the window AC unit in early this year.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

Last year I had the AC in the last week of May, 90's hit then. This year maybe this weekend, but I got garden seed to plant to, so we'll see. Never reached 70F here today.

We did get a solid 1" out of that rain and suppose to see showers on a couple days this week. The woods here is full of water where I worked today, one ditch on the road is like a 4 foot deep mote, you can't see bottom in coffee-like water. ;D

The new grass is sprouting.  Glad to have finished up the lawn work before June and before the heat. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Summer is finally coming through, think we had our last "cold snap" Monday and the weekend. Just avoided the frost! Cucumbers and green peas are about 2 inches tall now, kale, lettuce sprouted 
A1

SwampDonkey

Expecting some rain and showers tonight. I had a little time after work to put the AC in. The long range shows it cooling back to the 60's by next Friday, but not cooling off a lot at night. Only going to be hot for 3 days. ;)

Was 68F today, no sun. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Black fly......little black fly...

Blackfly - YouTube

chevytaHOE5674

Now to top it off the next 4 days temps are forecast in the upper 90s and they say it could hit 100 in spots. We haven't seen a triple digit high temp in nearly 10 years and never in June let alone the first week of June. 

We've had hot years and drought years but never this bad this early. Seems crazy to live 1/2 mile from the largest body of freshwater on the planet and be burning up in a drought. O well can't change it so just have to adapt. Sell cows off so we can make it thru summer on pasture and hopefully make enough hay to get thru the winter is about all we can do.

HemlockKing

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on June 04, 2021, 09:51:48 AM
Now to top it off the next 4 days temps are forecast in the upper 90s and they say it could hit 100 in spots. We haven't seen a triple digit high temp in nearly 10 years and never in June let alone the first week of June.

We've had hot years and drought years but never this bad this early. Seems crazy to live 1/2 mile from the largest body of freshwater on the planet and be burning up in a drought. O well can't change it so just have to adapt. Sell cows off so we can make it thru summer on pasture and hopefully make enough hay to get thru the winter is about all we can do.
We're getting those temps too Monday and Tuesday apparently. I'm gonna try to knock off the bulk of work I need done over the weekend. It's raining hard today suppose to stop soon. 
A1

SwampDonkey

Had a couple showers this afternoon when planting garden, but not much to it. Reached 80F by late afternoon when sun peeked out, it was 70F for most of the day because of clouds. Clearing out now. It's not yet humid, it's quite dry air. Monday is suppose to be hot and very humid, 90's they are saying. Been the norm here the last 4 years as far as 90's early. It's just a week later. :D

HemlockKing

Well it is 85 here at the moment. Super high uv index. I started picking away at this pile of dirt I want gone and used it to fill parts of the driveway. Started at 6 made it til 11 and am waiting until after 6 to get a couple more hours in. I *DanG near fainted in the heat. Calls for 90 Monday with high humidity. Will try to rise up early start around 5 and take mid day off  :D
On another note the balsam stand I thinner last summer is responding amazingly well, I have 1 white spruce in the mix too, that's doin the best, with about 2 foot of growth already
A1

chevytaHOE5674

100 degrees today and dry as a popcorn fart. Extreme fire danger. Supposed to cool back tomorrow but no rain in sight.

So hot that swimming in 48 degree lake superior wasn't too bad.

SwampDonkey

Reached 78F here today, still dry air, out of the north. Had some water last night but not a soaker, just a trace. Was nice breeze until after dinner when the breeze stopped. It was nice all day on the porch. Put the cot out there for the summer.

Going to hit lower 90's tomorrow here, be headed out to the bush early for thinning. Up until now been just mapping ground. Good first day to get broke in, nice and hot. :-\

I see carrots breaking ground in the garden. :)

thecfarm

I have 70° this morning and no carrots breaking the ground yet. I just got them in last week. Cukes ain't even up yet. Any day on them things.
A warm one again today, maybe mid 90's.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I slept on the porch last night and it was 68F between midnight and 3:00 am. I got up then to get ready for work. Got to work at 5:30 am and put in 7 hrs. I had to run to the shop with the saw, took out the drive shaft.....on 3rd tank. But finished what I could stand by 12:30 with my old Stihl 560. ;D

AC is definitely on. :D  Was 89F here a moment ago, by 4:00 pm  it will be the hottest.

woodroe

95 on the porch spring loaded thermometer 2 days in a row.
Outside work on hold till Thursday probably when it gets back into the 70s.
AC is working hard. Bad air quality alert till evening.

HemlockKing

Yeah I started at 530 and made it 5 hours. Evenings are still too hot even. Deer flies are out and buzzing around yer head
A1

HemlockKing

Much less scorcher here today(knock on wood), we are literally the only place in N.S. to not be boiling today thanks to the stiff southern breeze off the ocean, should see 75 here today, just 30-45 min down the road, 90!
A1

thecfarm

I have 72 out at almost 5.30 am. 
Work was HOT. All that pavement makes it hard to breath!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

It was 75F here at 3:00 am this morning. At 2:00 pm here it is 86F today. Going to cool down every day the rest of the week to mid 60's by Friday. Big cold front sliding down across the St Lawrence tonight. ;D

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: SwampDonkey on June 08, 2021, 01:23:17 PM
It was 75F here at 3:00 am this morning. At 2:00 pm here it is 86F today. Going to cool down every day the rest of the week to mid 60's by Friday. Big cold front sliding down across the St Lawrence tonight. ;D
OH SD thank you for this. I have been so busy I have not been studying the forecast as I usually do and thought we were in that June cycle with very hot temps everyday and thunderstorms in the afternoon. I bout died in the heat yesterday with the chainsaw pants all day. I took today as a planned rest day and that is just what I am doing: Hydrating and resting.
 Tomorrow it should still be hot, but after that I now see, thanks to your pointer, that it will be cooling off a bit. We are getting steady rain here now that cooled it off a bit. About a half hour ago I sent Barge a text warning him that it was imminent any minute. ;D If I were up there today I likely would have gotten nailed just as I was considering packing it in for the day. The cooler weather will be a welcome relief, even on a 70° day I sweat my butt off, at 90 I can hardly breath doing that heavy work.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

66° this morning. Friday high is not even 70°.  :o  Should not be this hot now. 
Looks like we had a shower in the night. We need it!!!

woodroe

Yes we do cfarm, and did.
We got rocked with a line of T storms overnight. SD's predicted cold front moving through.
Picked up 2.5 " rain in some heavy downpours.

Greenie

Not a drop of rain at my location in Bangor since June 3rd. There were storms east and south this morning but they all missed us. Looking at Accuweather's radar look ahead maybe the last chance of rain today will be around 9:00am.

HemlockKing

Rains just starting here, like clockwork we always get exactly what c farm gets except..3-6 hr delay
A1

SwampDonkey

We never had a drop of rain, no wind and not even a clap. Clear as a bell here.

Got to 75F today. :)

Weather apps says rain next Mon-Wed, we'll see. :D

Thank You Sponsors!