iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

8th day in a row of highs in the mid 80s to mid 90s with 60s and 70s at night (one night the low was 86). Not a drop of rain in weeks. Everything is burning up, leaves are wilting on the trees. Extreme fire danger thankfully there haven't been any fires popping up.

Sold the first round of cows yesterday. By the looks of things sell off a good majority of the rest before long.

thecfarm

chevytaHOE5674,selling? retiring?
58° here now at 5:15 am.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Solar eclipse here. I can't capture a good enough photo with this phone 
A1

woodroe

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on June 09, 2021, 07:43:17 PM
8th day in a row of highs in the mid 80s to mid 90s with 60s and 70s at night (one night the low was 86). Not a drop of rain in weeks. Everything is burning up, leaves are wilting on the trees. Extreme fire danger thankfully there haven't been any fires popping up.

Sold the first round of cows yesterday. By the looks of things sell off a good majority of the rest before long.
Well that all totally suks. The worst part of droughts are there is absolutely nothing anyone can do
about it. I feel for ya.
We went from 90 late yesterday to 60 in a matter of a few hours. Didn't that cool air pouring in feel good.
Down to near 50 this morning and some good getting outside work done daytime temps ahead for at least a week.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

chevytaHOE5674

Long ways from retirement... But there is nothing growing to feed the cows so they have to find homes elsewhere. No pastures for summer and no hay growing for winter. Genetic lines that have taken years to develop will end up in someone's freezer.

Same story for many guys around the upper Midwest. Markets are flooded with nice cattle at cheap prices. Worse the drought gets the more people sell down the cheaper the price gets. Double kick to the nuts.

thecfarm

That's too bad to see your hard work end up in a freezer before it's time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Barely escaped frost last night, it's cold!!! 68 later 
A1

thecfarm

Probably was a little below 50 last night. I have the heat on!! House is at 68°. 

SwampDonkey

It was 46F here at the house. But out in the outback where I'm thinning the toe of my strip is at the bottom of a hill. The little maples were covered in frost down there. ;D

I finished up the week with over 5 acres of plantation cut, plus we got an extra $100 a ha on this block for thick hardwood, we was just told. Some of the guys had a bunch of other strips cut, so I was tease'm about their big bonus cheques their going to get for the other areas. I call'm 'the money men". First time I called them that I got an earful. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

44°!!!  That will smarten them black flies up some.  :D
But suppose to warm up to the mid 70's today. Yesterday was a cool day.

HemlockKing

They will be back as soon as the sun hits the ground! Relentless buggers. I'm getting no see ums now inside my house 
A1

SwampDonkey

52F here on the porch. The mosquitoes was out when I walked around the gardens. :D

No-see-ums inside the house? I thought they only got into the fishing camp? :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on June 12, 2021, 06:06:19 AM
52F here on the porch. The mosquitoes was out when I walked around the gardens. :D

No-see-ums inside the house? I thought they only got into the fishing camp? :D
I live out in the boonies lol i can throw a rock and hit the river from my front steps. Might as well be fishing 
A1

SwampDonkey

Yep, fishing camp. ;D ;)

I have not seen a midge since early May, down on a grassy wet corner of a block, clouds of them.

Been mid 70's last few days. Dry and windy, possible showers tonight. :-\

woodroe

Wind out of the south, hooks in their mouth. Old time fishing lore.
Heard it in the Allagash on Chamberalin Lake at Nugent's sporting camps.
Some rain on the way. Good fishin weather.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

The rain is here!!
I hope it rains all night!!

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on June 14, 2021, 09:21:44 PM
The rain is here!!
I hope it rains all night!!
Hahaha like clockwork! Here it woke me up it came down so hard. I also had a black bear visitor I had to go outside and chase off, it was trying to get into my shed in which I keep a couple garbage bags of trash at any given time. 
A1

SwampDonkey

What we did get wasn't much so far here, 1/10" maybe. Might get some heavier rain tonight off and on they said. Was a cool day and wet bushes, but I did cut 2 acres of plantation today. Husq FX555 broke down again, so had to pull out the old Stihl to finish up. ;) Shop gave me a 545 on loan for tomorrow. smiley_thumbsup

HemlockKing

Loud thunder last night and down pour, just overcast now, damp too but not too hot(70). Good outdoor working weather 
A1

doc henderson

high 100 today, 104 predicted the next 2 days.  good work by the pool weather.  I start 8 nights x 12 hours in a row tonight.  will barely notice the heat unless my AC quits, or my grass dies.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

HemlockKing

Quote from: doc henderson on June 16, 2021, 08:38:40 AM
high 100 today, 104 predicted the next 2 days.  good work by the pool weather.  I start 8 nights x 12 hours in a row tonight.  will barely notice the heat unless my AC quits, or my grass dies.  
Dang that's a lot of heat! The hottest I've ever been in is 122 in the summer Arizona heat. And there were Mexicans out working in that, I'm about useless past 80-85 in hard physical labour. I guess you just grow accustomed to it living in heat your whole life. I spent 2 years there but I never got used to the heat, although at least not humid heat like Florida. 
A1

doc henderson

updated to 106° on Friday.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ljohnsaw

:-\ Well, was nice the last few days - 80's - hit 90 yesterday, 104 forecast for today, 110 Thursday, 107 Friday and 102 on Saturday.  By next Tuesday down to 86.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

60's here the last two days, 50's at night. Cool unsettled weather with showers. Lots of flies in that weather. :D

No sign of that kind of triple digit heat or even 90's for us thank goodness. ;D

HemlockKing

A1

Thank You Sponsors!