iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I have a cool 48° this morning.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Was clear this morning then the clouds moved in before noon and just that sprinkly stuff falling, no actual rain. Haven't had a real rain in 2 weeks. Been terrible dry air, not even humid.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

49° but should get up to 80 today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Around 75F right now and not humid, south wind. Nice work'n day.  Thinned 7.5 acres this week, half was plantation the other in natural.  8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

At 4:00 yesterday we hit 80F, but only 35% RH. Today some showers. Rain gauge says 3/10" rain this week. More showers to come today and tomorrow. Cool weather, 60's. :)

SwampDonkey

Got to 70F on the porch with some sun shinning, but that is spawning thunderstorms here for tonight. Rumblings all around here now. Some spots in Maine are getting 60 mph wind and hail that can damage car paint. :-\

SwampDonkey

Things changed after the sun went down. Cleared, moon was out. 58F on the porch this morning, never checked the rain gauge yet, but don't expect that there is more than 1/2" for the whole week.

thecfarm

Only a small shower here this morning. We missed the afternoon ones. Good thing too!! Got home about 5pm and the news was on and they was talking about a tornado!!! 
Temps have been great here.

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on June 20, 2021, 05:05:50 AM
Only a small shower here this morning. We missed the afternoon ones. Good thing too!! Got home about 5pm and the news was on and they was talking about a tornado!!!
Temps have been great here.
Temps have been good here too. 75ish. Breeze, partly cloudy, no high UV. Pretty good for working outdoors. The bugs don't let up but I've accepted if I'm going outside at all I need a bug net/jacket. Between the no see ums, black flies, skeeters, and deer flies it's impossible not to. Dang bloody suckers
A1

thecfarm

Flies has been very well behaved here. So far. Had them a few weeks back, but really none since. I am out first thing in the morning and after dark too and everything in between. They will come.  :(
Now those rose chafers.... Those things fly around and land on me.

SwampDonkey

Flies wasn't bad this morning, but yesterday the mosquitoes was in clouds. Mosquitoes real bad in the mornings out in the woods, then the deer flies kick in by 10:00 am on sunny days.

HemlockKing

Was cool and nice this morning. Dang near 90 now! Gonna wait till after 5 to continue outdoor dirt work 
A1

SwampDonkey

Yeah, I think it is 85F here. Suppose to get some thunder showers to cool back down into the 60's and 70's for tomorrow. I put a full 8 hr day in though.

Legs a little crampy from the heat, climbing over trash and skidder ruts. :D I cut over an acre, was thick fir on this strip.

doc henderson

we have had a lot of heat illness this past week.  electrolytes most common to be low are potassium, and sometimes calcium.  tums is calcium carbonate, and will halt muscle cramps for most any reason.  chew up 2 to 4 tums and cramps should stop in about 3 minutes,  carry them in your truck or back pack.  lactic acid and CK from muscle degrade are also high, and will be treated with lots of water and or electrolyte drinks, and also made better with the tums.  carbonate is a buffer for acids and also will promote the excretion of Creatine Kinase.  calcium relaxes muscle.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Yesterday was not a good breathing day. Too much pavement at work. Breathing problems are a lot less at my place in the woods.  ;)
68° now.

Old Greenhorn

I am with you Cfarm. I too have those issues. Sunday when I was up cutting I nearly hit a wall around 2pm with the heat. It had been fairly hot all day, but by early afternoon the heat combined with the humidity and I had to call it a day. It just took too long to get my breath back. Got home and found out there had been a heat index warning posted. Boy that shower surely did feel good!
 I did a delivery yesterday which I prefer to do at 7am, but had to wait until after noon for the new rack to be built and placed. Man it was out out in the sun and I was dried out, toasted, and soaked in sweat. I still had to pick up bar oil, milk, beer, and fuel up on the way home and even with the AC cranking I never really cooled down until I pulled in the driveway.
 I finally made a good weather call taking today as a dead day. 1/3" rain overnight and some more heavy stuff about to arrive for a few good hours of soaking. Up on the cutting grounds they got 1/4" overnight and the same soaking will reach up there this morning. It will be sloppy in the woods today. 64° (here)right now, but 56 up north, but the humidity will hang at 95%+ all day. A good day for tool work and prep for what I think is my last trip of this season tomorrow which is supposed to be in the mid 60's up there making for a soggy but better day.
 I am with you Doc, the prep work to avoid issues is critical. I keep a 2 gallon jug strapped to the cab on the Mule and drink a 1/2 bottle of water exery couple of tress, when I unload, and as I am driving around. Gatorade is not my favorite thing but I try to have a bottle a day, when they have it at the store. Have not had cramping issues lately, but those Tums work wonders and I keep them by my bed for bad nights, which I have not had in quite a while now. I think my muscles are adapting. Was talking to my neighbor last evening and he remarked that I was looking 'rather sinewy' these days and it is curious that my weight has not changed with all this sweat. I am still holding at 183, go figger.
 Ah summer!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

more muscle and less fat,  wirery! :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

HemlockKing

I try to plan around the heat. If it's gonna be more than 80-85 I'll do 5-11 am then take the afternoon off from working outside, pickup again at 5 until 8. Gets me a full days worth. Luckily the ocean keeps us cool here in the summer when the rest of the province is cooking, so we don't see beyond 80 often. 
A1

sawguy21

Already 24C, mid 70's, and its only 8:30. It is gonna be a warm one!  The weather guru is predicting high 90's and into the 100's for next week which is DanG hot for us, we could get another ugly fire season and the lakes and streams are down from where they should be. The forests will definitely be shut down.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Had a good drink of rhubarb yesterday at home. Calcium, magnesium, Vit C in it.

I think it got to 73F here today. Much more open strip today, cut my 0.5 ha in 3 hrs less time. I ended it when a heavy showery passed over. But the rest of my strip is like a pasture so it will cut out fast. Nice to get a break now and again. ;D

thecfarm

We got some rain, it was a nice slow rain, Started around 6 pm here.
I have a cool 48° now.

chet

Back home last night after being out of town for a couple of days. Our thermometer will record high and low since last set. 35 degrees F was the recorded low sometime in the last 3 days. Close call, but the garden is still standing.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SwampDonkey

We got 8/10" rain here from yesterday afternoon until 3:00 am in heavy showers. I watched it come off the main roof onto the porch and it was running like a water falls in the heaviest. ;D  It was 50F this morning and only 62F now with a north wind. :D

Garden has no chance here with a family of 5 ground hogs. :D

thecfarm

Old Greenhorn, I try to drink enough water, but when kinda slack on the water part, seems like towards dark hours I get kinda slack on the water part. That's when I get the cramps at night. I try to drink a big glass of water as I check the FF at night. That seems to keep the cramps away.
Back to the weather.  ;D   45° here tis morning.  I was stubborn yesterday morning and did not want to put a sweatshirt as I was driving the tractor. A little on the cold side.

SwampDonkey

It struggled to hit 70F here, but the wind has shifted from the SW. It might be a little warmer by now at 4:00 pm, but it's no 80F. Saw a bear this morning on the block, around a 400 lb'er. I hollered at it when it came out on the road the second time to drive it off. First time I was driving, next time I was out with my saw and gear. Herd it crashing in the woods on the brush. One of the guys seen his paw mark on their truck door this week. ::)

I cut 5.5 acres this week among the bears. :)

Full moon tonight.

Thank You Sponsors!