iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

Takes me about 12-16 hrs to thin and clean up a acre on my land. So about 2 days. Lots of hung up stuff small growth and blow downs 
A1

SwampDonkey

When we cut all the stuff is brought down to the ground. This block has not been super thick, it's like old pasture ground.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

The moon is pretty tonight. That wind makes it kinda cool out there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

And the bats are/were a flying in the moonlight. ;D They live in the gable end of the barn.

Definitely my fall long sleeve shirt in that wind this morning. Is that off the hurricane? Because we're suppose to see some water this weekend and very humid. Weather map shows a trail of rain up along the coast, closest to us now is in the Boston area. Not looking like a big system.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Over cast here and good weather for outside. Running the pole saw 3 hours now and my arms and shoulders are on fire. The difference pruning higher dead limbs can make though! Pretty soon I'll be popeye, got a lot more to go.
A1

BradMarks

We're headed into unchartered territory.  Predicting an ALL TIME HIGH, any day, any year, approaching 111 degrees on Sunday. The highest we have ever recorder is 108. 

SwampDonkey

Nothing like that kind of heat for us, not even 90's this year but once so far, which is a break from the last 4 years.

Real windy here, and cool, not a fly to be seen. ;D

HemlockKing

Yup good time to get in here and thin this, weather wise and well it's their time for a thinning  ;D

A1

SwampDonkey

Give'm a good bush whack'n. ;D

HemlockKing

I just got in. Finished up with pole saw. Wanted to keep going, but was getting scared my arms would just stop working. I'm sure I'll feel all this tomorrow morning lol 
A1

SwampDonkey

Got to 70F briefly then dropped back to the 60's, lots of wind, no flies. Good day for bush whack'n. ;D

sawguy21

35C right now which is 95F, i yelped when I buckled the seat belt. :o It will be in the high 90's and 100+ next week, water levels are below average so we could have another ugly fire season.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Wet, dark day here, but just the mist so far, no actual rain.

quilbilly

Quote from: BradMarks on June 25, 2021, 10:58:16 AM
We're headed into unchartered territory.  Predicting an ALL TIME HIGH, any day, any year, approaching 111 degrees on Sunday. The highest we have ever recorder is 108.
Ya those southerners can have their hot humid weather back. Sick and tired already. Good thing we got a new shovel with AC. Sposed to be 105-110 Monday. Probably work 6-1 and call her a day. 
a man is strongest on his knees

SwampDonkey

I think the rain is actually moving in here now, only been 60's all day. Nowhere near 80's they mentioned coming.

Old Greenhorn

Yup, check the radar, it's headed your way.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

We had 1/4" over night, but the radar shows it going up north and out the St Lawrence and Bay of Chaleur region. But that gives us over an 1" this week. Looks like the whole upcoming week is going to be showery weather though. Maybe we will have a rainy cooler summer for a change. ;)

thecfarm

We had some rain.  ::)  I weeded the garden while the rain came down. Maybe next time it will rain enough to wet through a cotton shirt, as my Father use to say.
68° this morning is getting us ready for a 90° day. Have not seen that one for a while here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Yup a nice light rain will loosen things up for weed pullin. That's when I like to pick boulders out of the ground as the water breaks up the mud a bit that was concrete dry. 

Overcast here right now and hope it stays this way. As soon as the sun hardly starts flowing through the clouds is like clockwork for them dang deer flies come out. Good thing I can't hear them buzzing after the saw starts. They get right up in your grill ! 
A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: HemlockKing on June 25, 2021, 02:53:40 PM

Yup good time to get in here and thin this, weather wise and well it’s their time for a thinning  ;D

Thick! This 2-3 acres area was logged in the early 90s to make a log cabin which was since burned down. Good black spruce and red spruce regen, mistle toe was already taking over some trees though so had to take a lot. The general area took a beating after they took all these trees out in one area, resulting in lots of near by blow downs. This part I will make good forest, but off the the right mostly junk and balsam. Will make that hay field after I cut all the fall down and let the stumps rot a couple years.
A1

sawguy21

Can we trade you easterners for some rain? It was 28C at 8 o'clock, dog who normally loves her walk was dragging her butt by the time we got back. The Weather Network is predicting 43 this afternoon, that is over 109F which has to be a record for us! Logging is shut down for at least a month, my buddy has a few days work clearing sort yards right after getting his truck inspected. His son has a new truck on the way but won't be taking delivery until they are ready to go back to work.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jb616

6 inches of rain in the last 8 days...lots of standing water in the fields. Little bit of wind and sun today to help dry things out.

SwampDonkey

That's some rain. Trouble for us, the belt of rain ran out the big chute they call the St Lawrence. Cloudy and we are in the 70's and high humidity. Be cooling down middle of the week. 60's by the weekend. Don't want to complain too much. ;D

HemlockKing

Very windy here. 80 here right also humid. Sun peeping through 
A1

HemlockKing

Beautiful evening for a walk. The breeze keeping bugs away and cool
A1

Thank You Sponsors!