iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

Was 97 yesterday calling for 106 at end of week.

chevytaHOE5674

94° yesterday and already 87° today. Too dang hot.

HemlockKing

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on July 05, 2021, 11:28:21 AM
94° yesterday and already 87° today. Too dang hot.
Looks like you might get some hard rain/thundershowers tonight. Hang in there
A1

Sedgehammer

perfect weather yesterday. had 10" in 10 days prior and set the record for june with over 18"
Necessity is the engine of drive

chevytaHOE5674

No thunderstorms predicted here tonight... calling for rain and 60° tomorrow which will be much appreciated.

June 2021 our rainfall for the month was officially 1.05". That is what we would typically see from one storm in a "typical" year.

SwampDonkey

Reached 80F here this afternoon, dry westerly breeze out there. Showers tomorrow afternoon and Thursday and rain Friday with severe weather predicted and back to 60's. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Incoming heavy rain and thunderstorms for Maine and NS thurs night into Friday morning 
A1

chevytaHOE5674

Our big rain yesterday of .22" was much appreciated but by noon today it was all dried up and dusty again. Only positive is the heat is gone for now at least.

SwampDonkey

70F today with a north wind. Rain on the way for here Thursday night into Friday coming off that tropical storm.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

btulloh

Rain from Elsa just starting here. Not expecting any real issues other than a little flash flooding. Not much wind expected but there is a slight chance of tornadoes east ofhere. Glad to have the rain, even if it means getting a little too much. 
HM126

wisconsitom

Haven't pitched into this thread in a while.  Cloudy and cool today, but high pressure moving in after rainy period that saw this community pick up 3.3 inches.

We get heavy rains, but it gets too hot and dry between the rains.  Then seems to cool way down for a day or two.  Been doing this all spring and summer so far.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

HemlockKing

Good weather today. Not too hot, mainly cloudly with odd sunny break. Been using the pole saw to clear the lower canopy of my woodlot 

A1

Old Greenhorn

Boy howdy I'll tell you what, we got us a real gulley washer going on here. I got woked up just after midnight with heavy rain and wind. We got nearly an inch in around an hour from that one. Now we are just about up to 3" for today and they say the heavy rain is coming tonight. The creek is at bank full and rising. No damage so far, but I just know this is going to make more work for me tomorrow somehow. ;D 
 The fire and police radios have been cooking along all day with auto accidents, trees down, structure fires from powerline overloads, the whole nine yards off the usual menu of options. A few flooded basements but the bulk of those will come tonight and tomorrow morning. The guys are gals are running ragged today for sure.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

HemlockKing

By the looks of it Maine and New Brunswick are about to get hit with hard rain in about 12 hours. NS looks to be getting some but not as much, probably mostly wind. Could still change though depending on if the storm goes up the bay of fundy into NB as projected.
A1

SwampDonkey

I'll take all the rain I can get here up on the ridge. ;D That's sure to jinx it. Everyone one else below look out for yourselves. No rain here yet, been 60's today.

Ljohnsaw

Already 104° here today at 2pm. :-\  The forecast for the weekend increases each newscast.  Looking like 106° on Saturday and 110° on Sunday. :-X  I'm heading up to my property Friday morning and staying 9 days.  Usually 15° cooler at that altitude - hoping so!  I have a 4'x4' "macro" bin that I might just fill with water and have a redneck swimming pool to cool off!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Been raining here since 10:00 pm Thursday. 57F, so a cold rain, but ours is suppose to be off a cold front. :)

thecfarm

57° and a light rain. Not even suppose to hit 70 today.
Heat is on.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Anyone else in sounwestern ns getting that crazy thunder? Down pour here. Came out of no where
A1

Ljohnsaw

Not necessarily weather related but earth related...
How about that cluster of earthquakes in the Sierras yesterday!  I was sitting here (on the Forum) in my kitchen.  My daughter's room is right above and she has been doing some serious cleaning.  The dishes started rattling in the cabinets and a bit of a rumble.  I was thinking she was moving a heavy wheeled cart across her floor that has a couple bad wheels.  But it kept going on and on.  At least 30 seconds if not 45.  There were 30 or so aftershocks in the following couple hours of which we felt probably a dozen. The main was 6.0 and quite a few in the 3.5 to 4.5 range about 90-100 miles ESE of me around the town of Walker and Markleeville.  Of course the New went crazy with about 2 hours of non-stop coverage.  You may have seen the video of a couple guys driving up 395 filming the rock slides trying to figure out what was going on.  At first, they thought there as a second quake east of Stockton at the same time but within an hour they dismissed it.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Old Greenhorn

Geez this week has sucked weather wise. Since Sunday we have already over 5" of rain. I saw that photo of Barge's landing and I know it is a whole lot worse since that photo was taken. Creeks at bank full, flooded basements, trees and wires down all over. my yard is just a soggy puddle filled mess. Winds, lightening, and rain for the entire week. One good day out of 6 is not a good average.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Been only 6/10" rain here so far, but the heavy stuff coming here tonight. Hoping for a good 2", will take more if she delivers. :) Approaching 70F here.

SwampDonkey

Well, the rain pretty much ended by midnight here and it's now partially clear with a light NW breeze and some stars showing through. We had 1-8/10" rain, so not bad. We had zero wind off it, straight down rain. 55F now. ;D

thecfarm

Heat is off. Suppose to be almost 80 today. Sun is out and no more rain. We got some water!! Now if it remembers to rain before Sept.... I have no idea on the rain amount. Rained kinda hard and steady for many hours. Was a very light rain before noon and than the rain came down.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We might hit 70F here by 4:00 pm, at noon it was 63F. Suppose to be low 80's here next 4 days beginning Sunday.

Was cutting wood this morning, never got hotter than 60F in that time in the shade of the woods. Found a butternut sapling, where I planted a nut and thinned the trees out from around it to get more light. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!