iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snake, again

Started by Texas Ranger, August 25, 2021, 10:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Southside

Got anything with a little "reach out and touch you" handy? Just like your AMEX, never leave home without it....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Tacotodd

Itchy fingers anyone? ;)
Trying harder everyday.

thecfarm

Curious about the camera?  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

newoodguy78

I don't think I'd play nice with that one 

HemlockKing

Quote from: newoodguy78 on August 26, 2021, 10:00:52 AM
I don't think I'd play nice with that one
Good lord I'd run that thing over with a truck, if I let that thing go off I'd lose my mind thinking it would get me eventually 
A1

Tamarack

Boy am I glad I live in Maine.

WV Sawmiller

I'd have to think long and hard about where he was and how much risk he presented to decide whether to leave him alone or help him on his way to Happy Mountain. 

I let a young (5') black mamba go in Ethiopia because there were no villages or people around. Then again, I did not find out he was a black mamba till I got to a village with internet and could compare our pictures to the ones on line.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Texas Ranger

Not my picture, from a Mississippi snake ID page.  But, like real estate, to me his survival would depend on location, location.

WDH

Photo looks photoshopped.  The snake may be real but I suspect that the perspective is not. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

Quote from: WDH on August 26, 2021, 05:07:52 PM
Photo looks photoshopped.  The snake may be real but I suspect that the perspective is not.
You don't trust those boys in Mississippi? ;D

mike_belben

Quote from: HemlockKing on August 26, 2021, 10:29:19 AM

Good lord I'd run that thing over with a truck, if I let that thing go off I'd lose my mind thinking it would get me eventually
Thats exactly what he is thinking about you.. If i dont get him now he'll be back to get me.
;D
Praise The Lord

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

HemlockKing

Quote from: mike_belben on August 26, 2021, 09:00:31 PM
Quote from: HemlockKing on August 26, 2021, 10:29:19 AM

Thats exactly what he is thinking about you.. If i dont get him now he'll be back to get me.
;D
Yeah well, he better be ready for a tire to squish him or a pole saw to handle him !    :D The pole saw actually would be a useful tool in that scenario 
A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: WDH on August 26, 2021, 05:07:52 PM
I think the photo is real, if you look closely right behind the 2 trees is a significant rut, so I think the rest of the snakes body is down there out of sight between the 2 trees, the trees look to be grown just on the top edge of rut
A1

Texas Ranger

Southside

There is simply no need for that foolishness! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

If the pole was longer to put the snake even closer to the camera, the snake would look even bigger.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

HemlockKing

Quote from: WDH on October 21, 2021, 01:16:59 PM
If the pole was longer to put the snake even closer to the camera, the snake would look even bigger.  
Snake like that I want a pole as long as I could get. Better yet a pole saw 
A1

Skip

Thank You Sponsors!