iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any guesses which model this Jonsered saw is?

Started by fossil, November 16, 2021, 10:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fossil

I was thinking maybe a 215? model. Not a very good pic.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

SnoJetter

I'd say you're pretty close with that assessment.  The shroud clamps mean it's not a homeowner 2145 or 2150; nor is it the larger 2165/66/71/72.  So it could be a 2152 or a 2159...and if you're really lucky, a 2153 or 2156.  To the more knowledgeable, wasn't there also a 2147 & 2149 that look similar?  But those weren't very widely available as far as I know...

Is this a photo from a for sale ad?

fossil

The photo is from an auction site. I figure it could be a 2149 maybe up through a 2159. Pretty sure it's in that range.
I'm not familiar with that series or which ones are desirable.
I generally don't like to call the auction house in case it's a great model as they would label the pics and drive the sale price up.

Jonsered saws don't get the prices the Stihls and Huskys get up here.

Not sure about the hole in the rear handle hand guard.

Thanks for the input!
Tim

SnoJetter

Good strategy!

In my opinion, any of those saws 2145 and up are desirable, yes even the plastic homeowner saws.  (I just found a 2145 on Marketplace that I picked up for $100.  It wasn't a killer deal, and is redundant when I have a 2150 and a pair of 2152's...which, come to think of it, is also redundant.  But I've been using it to clear brush and it's great for that and other small chores.)  The 2100's look great & feel great - basically you get the job done and look good doing it!  I'm told the 2153 and 2156 are the hotrods, but I've personally never seen or run one of those rare birds.

Spike60

Looks to me like it's either a 2156 or 2159.

Only way to tell from that pic is to compare starters and count the ribs/slots or whatever they are called. The larger 60cc chassis has more of them just under the rope than the smaller saws, and that's what I see here. (5 vs 3)  The 2159/2156 had a larger diameter top handle than the smaller chassis, and from the pic it looks like the larger handle.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

fossil

Quote from: Spike60 on November 17, 2021, 07:13:39 AM
Looks to me like it's either a 2156 or 2159.

Only way to tell from that pic is to compare starters and count the ribs/slots or whatever they are called. The larger 60cc chassis has more of them just under the rope than the smaller saws, and that's what I see here. (5 vs 3)  The 2159/2156 had a larger diameter top handle than the smaller chassis, and from the pic it looks like the larger handle.
Thanks Bob, That's very helpful.
Tim

Thank You Sponsors!