iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy New Year and Best wishes in the coming year!

Started by Old Greenhorn, December 31, 2023, 06:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Well it's the end of another turn around the sun and we are all going into a new year. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank EVERYONE here on the forum who has, in both small and large ways, enriched and enhanced my life and those of others. As Sawyer Ted said in another thread a few minutes ago, I wouldn't be where I am today without this forum. I can truly say that applies to me. I have learned so much here. More importantly I have received encouragement in my endeavors, both smart, and otherwise (meaning my 'not so smart choices') as well as empathy though the tough parts, which can be many at times.
Sometimes all we need is to know that 'somebody understands' when we are working through a problem, be it small or overwhelming. When we know somebody else out there 'is pulling for us' it can be a major push toward getting us over the hump and out to the other side.
So I wanted to say here that I appreciate the people, knowledge, comradery, friendships, and true offers (and manifestations) of help, as well as the text messages on the side, occasional surprise packages showing up at my door, and all those other little things that make this so much more than 'just another internet forum'.
Thank you all. May God bless you all and keep you safe and healthy in the coming year. I'd make a list of names, but for sure would leave a few people out. So let me just thank Jeff for making this happen and Tammy who has put up with a lot over the years as he deals with it. There are a lot of amazing people here is all I can say. Thank you ALL!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

I will Echo what Tom said above.  The Friendship and Comradery here is unparalleled anywhere on the web.  Here, no dumb question is ever asked and no degrading answer is ever given. 

Thank You fellow Forestry Forum Members, Mods, Admins, and especially Jeff & Tammy.

Happy New Year Everyone !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

Happy New Year to everyone!   

+ 1 on Tom's comments!   This is an exceptional resource of good people with great collective knowledge, expertise and skills.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Wlmedley

Happy New Year everyone.This forum means a lot to me also.In todays world finding like minded people is hard to do but this place is full of them.Appreciate you all.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

WV Sawmiller

Happy New Year to all.

(Don't forget to write down your odometer readings if you are going to need them for your mileage expense reporting to the IRS)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

B.C.C. Lapp

Happy new year to each of you.    This forum is indeed a blessing to us all.   Thank you Jeff and them who help make it possible.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sawguy21

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2024 is upon us. All the best in the coming years.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ron barnes

Happy New Year to everyone.  Thank you for being the best forum on the internet.  I don't have a sawmill but the information here is awesome.  Thank you one and all.

tule peak timber

Health and happiness to all on the forum. 2024 will be a good one Cheers WOC !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

JD Guy

@Old Greenhorn said it best....Also glad to have been welcomed to this forum. I don't usually have much to add in the way of useful "knowledge" but sincerely appreciate the opportunity to learn and laugh with those of you who share you experiences with the rest of us .. Happy and Healthy 2024 to all  :)

WV Sawmiller

Don't forget your Black-eyed peas and hog jowls for lunch either. You don't want to jinx the whole year by one mis-step. ;)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Resonator

Well said Tom, Happy New Year to all you fine Forum Folks! 8)
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

hedgerow

A very happy new year to all. Thanks to Jeff, Tammy and all there helper's who keep this forum running.

Thank You Sponsors!