iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finishing up and cutting the ramp

Started by Tom, August 13, 2003, 04:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Well, we finally finished the two loads of cypress.  Everything was done except for the ramp logs.  They were too big to move in the heat and were half buried so we got a mechanic to get an old skidder and help us turn them to the mill.

The Skidder was running but had no grapple so he was going to push the logs around with the blade.  I held my breath. :D

Whatcha' doin' Ross?!

Wait....   Wait.... ! we've lost a off-bearer!  Where'd he go.....  Where'd he go....  ?

Oh no!, you can't rake all that dirt up in the logs!

You'll have to pull it out of the way.

I know, you're a mechanic not a skidder operator.   :-/
Good job! :D  We're all still alive. :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

Glad to see that you still have a mill left.  ;D ;D  
   Ed took his buddy to the camp yesterday, and they sawed and hauled 800 ft of 2X and 3X, up to 12' long. His Buddy is one of them "Mr. Macho" boys, about 35 years old.
  Ed came by today and we went to the buyer. I asked him where his buddy was, and he said, I called to get him to help me unload and he said, just take my truck and bring it back when yer done.!! ::)   :D :D :D :D
   Macho, HAH   :D :D :D
   Same thing at the buyers yard. Them "Brothers" had 3 of 'em on one end and ED on the other, and he STILL had to wait on 'em.  One of the "brothers" came to me and said, This guy is gonna kill somebody workin 'em that hard. I said,  YEAH, Man, we're gonna go get another load. You SHOULD have seen the looks on their faces :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :)
   Wher ya goin from there ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

I've already delivered the mill.  It's at Andy's west of Folkston.  You remember the posts on Andy, don't you.  

Have about 15 or 16 pines to saw tomorrow and then to Burnt Fort to saw for the doctor that owns the lodge. His wife has a couple of lighter'd beams from her folks old homestead that they want to resaw and use in a new house. He is also supposed to drop "a few" trees.  I need to get out as soon as I can because there are a bunch of cedars in Hilliard that were planted years ago for Christmas trees and they are now in the 30 inch range.  The land-owner is needing them sawed NOW.  He's trying to utilize his land clearing help before the building contractors come.  Then I have to get on to the port.  The fellow that I cut the reclaimed timbers for is in a bind and can't find anybody to saw the building he just purchased.  He says there is 30 thousand feet there and he's already got 9 thousand sold.  He's taking 4 thousand to his brother in South Carolina for sawing and has been urging me to hurry up and get over there. I'm going as fast as I can. :D

The phone keeps ringing and I can't get to everybody.  Some I can let slide, some are concerned about cash-flow.  Who ever thought there would be such a thing as an Emergency sawmill job? :D

Fla._Deadheader

When ya get some spare time, Uhhh

:D :D :D :D :D
  Actually, one wooda never thunk there was so much lumber to be made in Fl.??? ???
  Funny you should mention Lighter logs.  Ed took a 14" X 6 footer up to the mill, to saw 2---1½ X full width boards out of.
  He wore down 2 blades and got 2---1X's that are thick and thin, and wavin like a flag in a Gale !!!  :D :D :D :D :D  Them 1X's were the first 2 boards.               The rest is still round and sittin on the mill.  :D :D :D :D :D :D
  Gotta get that Swing blade built !!!!!!
   He also sawed a big black walnut. His first. It was 10" X 4' long.  :D :D :D   He showed the owner the heart check, but, the guy said, "saw it this way".   OK ,,???
    I love it !!!  I really love it!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!