iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

All you New York State guys

Started by petefrom bearswamp, January 09, 2012, 06:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

I see a good number of NYS folks on the site.
How about PM ing me and maybe we can schedule a get to gether similar to the pig roast for those of us that are too far away to attend?
I am centrally located near Cortland and might be able to host with a little help.
Ironwood you could come too when visiting your MIL!
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

dgdrls

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Ironwood

Pete,

Are you offering dinner at the Sherwood Inn? Perhap a SPA treatment at Mirbeau? (this is all near Pete for those who dont know the area). You'll need to get two rooms (we have three kids) for us. Count on me!!!

Seriously though, I could try.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

eastberkshirecustoms

Sounds good. What sorta date are you shootin' for?

jdtuttle

Great idea, I'll try, depending on the date.
QuoteAre you offering dinner at the Sherwood Inn
Or Dougs fish fry ;D
jim
Have a great day

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Magicman

A New York style "Chickin Crispin"  ???  That sounds like a wonderful idea for you guys to get together.  It has worked well here.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

york

Yes Pete,don`t matter when-i would love to attend.....

Albert Miller
Albert

eastberkshirecustoms

Hey MM, we (NEW Yahkers) don't like our chicken crisped, but 'spiedied'. digin_2

Raider Bill

Sherwood Inn and Spiedies!  wow haven't heard those words in 20 plus years. The Sherwood Inn used to be a regular stop when riding down in the Finger lakes. Haven't had a spiedie in a long long time. ;) May have to get someone to send me a bottle.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Chuck White

Pete;

Sounds like a good idea and a fun time.

Believe it or not, over the years, whenever I would see a new name from NY on the forum I would write it down in my little note book.

Most of them are in the Sawmill and Milling section, but some are in the General, Chain Saw, Food, etc.

At this time, I have a list total of 51 Forestry Forum members including myself that are in New York State.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Quote from: eastberkshirecustoms on January 10, 2012, 08:13:58 AM
Hey MM, we (NEW Yahkers) don't like our chicken crisped 

We really don't either.   whiteflag_smiley  Not only did it look   :o  bad, it smelled bad too.    smiley_airfreshener   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Thanks for quick responses.
I'm looking at the middle part of August, weekend of 18-19, with cookout on the afternoon of the 18th.
If folks want to "camp Out " on my vast ranch of 129 acres with about 1/2 acre of space for campers with no facilities,  anyone can arrive on the 17th this is about 1/2 mile from the house.. I have a limited area by my house with access to a bathroom in my shop for 1 or 2 units.
Of course lots of motels a short 9 or 10 miles away.
If I don't get many more responses, I'll re post later in the winter.
I am thinking that due to distance for a lot of folks, I would provide all food and iced tea/punch, for a small fee but bring your own adult beverage and soda pop for kids or those who don't partake of alcohol.
I am thinking bbq chicken salads and dessert.

Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Brad_S.

I would attend if I am in state at the time but I spend a huge amount of time out of state.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

pineywoods

Hey guys, just do it.. I've attended 3 such FF get-togethers, one at my place a couple of years ago, then the annual michigan pig roast, and the the chicken-crispin hosted by Magicman and PatD. Getting to know all these forum folks is priceless. Don't forget the women-folks.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

breederman

I would love to try and come. You are just over the hill[or two,or three] :)
Together we got this !

petefrom bearswamp

thanks all,
I will keep this going.
I am hoping for more responses.
Ironwood- had lunch with friends at the Sherwood today.
A nice clear warm day here it was very crowded.
Pete
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Ironwood

Personally, whenever I am ANYWHERE I never miss a pastaleria (bakery), did you hit the Patisery outback? Or the one above the Mirbeau? (Roslie's) 

PS, I did the mantel and dinning table in main room at the Finger Lakes Lodge across from the Mirbeau/ and Bakery

Ironwood

davey duck

Hi Pete We would really like to come an everyone that I read the posts of and can't forget the food,count us in.David.
David G.Fleming

petefrom bearswamp

Ironwood,
Haven t hit that bakery yet, but was given 2 loaves of bread when we dined a Rosalies a few years ago.
Will check out the mantel and table when I get a chance.
Am going to ask for a firm count for the cookout in JUne.
pete
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Chuck White

Hey Pete, you're going to do a demo with your mill during the event too, right!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

moosehunter

If I can get away, I'll catch a ride with York and bring something tasty.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

moosehunter

I just realized Pete that my avatar pic was taken pretty close to your place.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

submarinesailor

Peter,

How far are you from Ithaca?  My daugther should being leaving Cornnell that week end, so there is a chance that we may be in the area.

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!