iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Price of bandsaw blades?

Started by Satamax, January 17, 2012, 02:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Hi everybody.

Well, i was wondering how much would a blade cost on your side guys.  3 inch wide, 290 long and stellite tipped.

Over here i can get that in the 200 euros range. 255 dols aproximately.

Thanks a lot.

Max.

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

york

Max,this band for you mill build????not sure about price of,but how about a follow up on your mill build....thanks bert
Albert

Meadows Miller

Gday

You dont wanna know what they would cost here Prob in the $350 to $450 price range for that size band  :o :o :) But thats about $260 to $340 Euro All things been even but stellite bands have never been the cheapest to run and you want clean logs to get the best run times and production out off them Mate  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Satamax

Thanks a lot guys for your replçies.
Quote from: york on January 17, 2012, 07:23:33 AM
Max,this band for you mill build????not sure about price of,but how about a follow up on your mill build....thanks bert

York, you know where i live, in the winter, it's as complicated as in Canada. The saw is buried under 6 feet of snow for the moment.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

customsawyer

I have tried one stellite  tipped blade. It was 1¾"X187" I think it was just a bit over $100.00. Not certain on the price as this was a couple of years ago and might have changed by now.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!