iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Benefits of owning a sawmill

Started by Bruno of NH, June 18, 2016, 08:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

One of the benefits of having your own sawmill
It's nice when you need to build some thing you can go out to the pile of left over stock . Pick out some wood and build what you need .
Sawing a lot more this year and i need more slab racks .

Thanks for looking
Heading out for town quest hosting on the sports radio show today from 10 to noon WNTK 99.7 fm In NH tune in Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

paul case

That's nice and sturdy looking too. Bolted together?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Bruno of NH

Paul
GRK lags and screws
They hold well
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

opticsguy

Slab rack??    OK, I give up, any photo of this item in use??
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Bruno of NH

Ok i will call it an edging rack :D :D

fishfighter

I forgot which member here has one that it looks like it is built out of metal. The way he has it, once loaded, he can come back and cut firewood blocks, holding them in place. It look like there was uprights every 20" apart.

My problem with sabs, I have to burn them off. Down here in the south, I don't burn no more then a core of firewood a season. Still have 3 cores left over from last year. :D

Bruno of NH

I put the full racks out by the road for $15
They don't last long
The full one in the pic is from a saw job and he wanted his edging for his cook stove .
I don't burn firewood I burn woodpellets

Solomon

You're Preaching to the Choir  ???   :D :)
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

uler3161

We just got done building one out of metal. I think it's the way to go. Our wood slab racks only seemed to last a year or two. The new one should last much much longer. And we also did the multiple uprights idea, though we went 16" between. I made one side hinge so I could just lift the rack with the forklift, release the uprights, and then just dump the cut firewood out on the ground.
1989 LT40HD, WoodMaster 718

Dan

Thank You Sponsors!