iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Drag sharpener.

Started by tacks Y, June 10, 2016, 09:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacks Y

I have a older, late 90s-early 2000 model. Having problems with the drive motor stopping. Anyone have any use able parts for this? Will give WM a call also but not sure it is worth buying new motor or gearbox. Thanks Tom

Magicman

I would first verify that you have uninterrupted power to the motor.  After that, carefully disassemble the motor if possible.  If there are end plated, scratch/mark them and the housing so that your can properly align them on reassembly.  It could be something as simple as needing proper lubrication.  Take pictures as you remove parts.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brucer

The motor that pushes the blade through uses a PWM circuit board to vary the speed. That could also be the culprit.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

tacks Y

Thanks guys. I should have noted that when it stops, just turning it gets it going again. I think it has seen a lot of use and not all good. Talked to WM and he suggested that when using it not to hit the face of the tooth, just the first radius-gullet-then back of tooth. This came up not related to it stopping the feed. Ideas on this? Thanks

woodmills1

10 to 1 it is one of the plugs at the back of the control box.  I was gonna send mine back to WM for a rebuild and while on the phone the tech asked me to start it up and then wiggle this push that.  Sure enough it was the plug from the motor to the control box.  A little attention and it hasn't done it in forever.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!