iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractor question

Started by Bruno of NH, February 17, 2017, 02:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

My good luck continues  >:(
The 4x4 is not working on my 2007 Massey Ferguson 1560 tractor.
I checked the front drive shaft and it is in working order .
What else should i check ?
This couldn't have come at a worse time we got over 2 feet of snow and i could be using the tractor to push back snow banks for my work.
I just got back to work from being sick so  >:(
Thanks for any advise before hand
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

roger 4400

Bruno, I own a Massey 1643 2010. Do not know if your 4x4 handle is like mine , if it is a handle try to pull it many times up and down, maybe only ice or packed snow is blocking the system ? Good luck.
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

Roger2561

I don't know anything about Massey Ferguson tractors.  When I have problems with my JD, I go to the following site;  http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/index.php   It's a discussion forum where they list every manufacturer of tractors imaginable.  Perhaps someone can help you for there.  I hope it's something simple.  Good luck.  Roger
Roger

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gspren

Is it a mechanical or electrical engagement? Any funny noises or just don't engage?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Bruno of NH

It has a lever and I feel it locking in and unlocking
Could it be in the front hubs/ gear reduction unit?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

21incher

I had something similar happen on my little John Deere.  Somehow all the teeth on the front axle pinion stripped off. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

Thanks 21 I will look into that .
It was warm enough this weekend I was able to move a lot of snow .
The ground was soft so I had good traction with the extra weight of the backhoe on .
I would like some chains for the rear but have to run down the road a lot to get from job to job .

Ed_K

I broke the FWD on the farms Same tractor pushing snow. I was pushing a load up the snow bank and the front tires came off the ground lost traction and spun backwards which broke the axle inside the housing where you couldn't see it. Needed to have the mechanic from the dealer come figure it out and fix it.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!