iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tooth setters

Started by dean herring, May 22, 2022, 10:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dean herring

I can't seem to get my Timberking tooth setter to work properly.
It's either hanging on the dial indicator or one of the setting blocks. I am thankful for any advice.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

dean herring

Just been looking back at recent posts about Timberking dual tooth setters. It seems like I'm not the only one who is having problems with consistent results.
I can't find a good video on it that shows the setup procedure. Is there one or maybe a dvd from Timberking. I've tried everything I know to get it set up but no can do. I have the manual but it's pretty useless. 

barbender

Sorry Dean, I am completely unfamiliar with that machine.
Too many irons in the fire

doc henderson

I have one and have not started up the learning curve yet.  I would call TK.  I always start with Matt, and he gets me to the person he feels can give the best advice.  i think there is a DVD, but on the sharpener.  not sure about the setter.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

dean herring

Which toothsetter are y'all using. I've got to find one that works better than the one I have. I have a good many blades that need setting. Blades are getting too expensive to just buy new ones and there is no place close to have them set.

fluidpowerpro

Full disclosure, I've only ever used one kind so I really wouldnt be an expert, but the one I have is from Woodland Mills and I think it works good.....
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Percy

Im not familiar with the setter you are asking about. But I do have a Suffolk dual tooth setter. Ive had it for about 15 years. It's a very difficult machine to learn....for me anyways. But once I learned how to correctly set the tooth height....and.....set the amount of set for each side(adjusting one side affects the other side). And properly set the tiny set  screws that keep your settings from drifting while setting a blade, I got it figured....sorta....

Good luck.....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!