iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mountain logger skidder?

Started by starmac, March 28, 2017, 12:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

Anybody have any experience with these.
A friend mentioned he would sell me his. I do not know what model it is, but it isn't a very big one, Has a 453 for power, does run and work well.

What is the good, bad and ugly as far as mountain loggers go.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

nativewolf

There are some old threads on here about them, your post made me look. 
Liking Walnut

mad murdock

Never operated one, but understand they are built like a Garrett/tree farmer. Parts easy to get, like others and built well
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

coxy

barbender

No, Mountain Logger was a seperate brand. Not the same as my Pettibone "Mountain Goat Speed Skidder" :D :D
Too many irons in the fire

Gearbox

My brother sold them with Mornes Equipment in Grand Rapids MN . They were built in Kalespell MT.
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

barbender

There is a local legend about one that used to work up by Squaw Lake, had a 2-53 Detroit in it. The oener got drunk one night, and on a dare, winched himself up into a tree- right up off the ground!
Too many irons in the fire

aksawyer

They are basically a Clark in different outer metal shape . They use Clark diff tranny's and same engine choices.Tuff machine just a bit heavier than the same size Clark.

coxy

Thank You Sponsors!