iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Diesel fuel biocide

Started by bandmiller2, June 13, 2019, 09:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Diesel is the way go around the mill but especially in the warmer months slimy bacteria can grow in your fuel tank. Every diesel I own gets its fuel treated to prevent bacteria growth. Its especially troublesome if machinery and mills sit and are only used occasionally.  I use a product called Killem, I add it whenever I buy diesel fuel, very little is needed and its not expensive. The slimy bacteria will plug tank outlets and filters. If you have engines that feel like they are starving for fuel and loosing power better flush the tank and add a biocide. There are several brands one bottle will last for years. If you go through a lot of fuel its not such a problem. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

Whatever is in that stuff must be strong. A 16 oz bottle treats will treat over 1000 gallons. :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Wenrich

We went through a lot of fuel and still used the stuff.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

ButchC

Yes, I add it to the tank after every delivery. Once a person has to deal with that crap (me 😞)  he will take preventitive measures.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Thank You Sponsors!