iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2.0 craftsman chainsaw

Started by bedway, January 21, 2020, 06:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

I came across one of these old saws and was wondering if there worth the effort to get running.

sawguy21

If it is the Poulan they were a great saw for their time. Will it fire if you shoot gas in the carb throat?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bedway

It would not fire, but has good compression and spark. The fuel line was so brittle it crumbled

GRP7099

I recently just ended up with a couple 2.0's in a purchase of multiple saws. I did a compression test on the complete one and it pumped 150 psi so I changed the brittle fuel line and it runs great. If you decide to try to get one running let me know if you need anything. I basically have enough parts for a complete 2nd saw minus a couple things .

Al_Smith

The early models had a points type ignition and it's a good chance if so the condenser has failed .Generally speaking any condenser that will fit in the space provided will work . I have one myself that cost me all of $2 at an auction .Neat little saw ,all metal .

bedway

Hi people, Im working on another one of the craftsman 2.0 along with 87 other things. I got it running great but it is shooting gas back out the throat of the carb. Its a 358.352360 model #. I cant find a carb. or rebuild kit. Any help please?

fossil

Sometimes the reed gets a little bent upwards so it spits back more than normal.

Take the reed out and turn it over. Make sure the reed block surface and reed are clean.

The saw is a Poulan Micro.
Service manual attached

Tim

Al_Smith

It might be a Tillotson HU 22 carb .It should be marked on the carb some place .

Guydreads

Should be a Walbro K20 WAT if I'm not mistaken. Have worked a lot on these. They tend to spit back a lot period. Both of mine run that way, always have.

Al_Smith

If you go to Chainsaw Collectors corner under Poulan (Beaird Poulan ) the first saw model listed is mine .I 
t's the Craftsman version painted red .That little saw is nearly 50 years old . It's a little ripper and less that 2 cubic inches .Good little climbing saw .It's what I used before I got a pair of Stihl MS 200t's . 

Thank You Sponsors!