iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Problems with FF graphics after Windows update?

Started by Tom the Sawyer, February 14, 2015, 08:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom the Sawyer

Two days ago my computer (Windows 8.1) performed a regular, weekly update and since that time the graphics on Forestry Forum show up as a small black box with an X in it.  Nothing at the top of the page, the sponsors logs on the left side are small black boxes, except for the Cook's Saw Mfg. logo which displays correctly.  Banner ads seem to show up but the FF Logo, slide show, NEW next to forum sections, etc. don't show.  In a particular section the NEW next to topics is there and photos within comments show just fine.

I have re-started several times, no improvement.  When I open FF in Chrome, everything is fine.  None of the other forums I participate in have this issue.  Any ideas as to what happened, or more importantly, how to fix it?
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

beenthere

I have 8.1, but do everything through Chrome.
Wondering if a new bookmark to the forum might help... that is if you are using one in the first place.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clearcut

Internet Explorer?

Try a forced refresh of your cache. Think of it a a restart button for web sites.

Shift + Ctrl + F5

You can also delete cached items by going to Tools, Safety, Delete Browsing History. Select Select Temporary Internet Files and click "Delete". You may need to turn off the Preserve Favorites Website Data.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Tom the Sawyer

Clearcut,

The forced refresh didn't appear to have any effect but deleting the temporary files did.  Back to normal.  Thanks so much.

Tom
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.