iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS 261 c and loose handle?

Started by ReggieT, April 08, 2021, 02:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReggieT

Hey Guys,

I don't dog my saws or tug on them in a tight cut. I cut decent enough now I rarely ever get pinched.
Yet, I noticed after a some storm clean-up a few days ago, my 261 seemed looser than normal around the handle area connected to the main body.
Not bad lose, but noticeable.
Took it to my normal Stihl shop...they did some minor maintenance. They called and said it was ready, I asked about the looseness, they're reply was, "the saw is built atop some springs and that is normal looseness for a 4-5 year old saw...it's alright Reggie!"  ::) ???

Anyways, that was via phone call...I'm picking it up in the morning and I'll see.
Do you guys have any solutions, thoughts and btw is there a way to tighten the handle closer to the body?

Tacotodd

Maybe the AV springs could use replacement  smiley_smug01
Trying harder everyday.

Old saw fixer

I noticed that my two new Stihls with spring anti vibe are both a little "looser" than the old rubber anti vibe Stihls.  I feel a lot less vibration with the spring saws, both the 261 and 462.  I don't know if stiffer springs are available for the 261 saw.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

axeman2021

Just wear gloves when using the saw it could be your getting feed back vibration, if the dealer thought the saws springs needed replacing why did they not say so?

ReggieT

Quote from: axeman2021 on April 08, 2021, 04:48:52 PM
Just wear gloves when using the saw it could be your getting feed back vibration, if the dealer thought the saws springs needed replacing why did they not say so?

Gloves are automatic. As far as the dealer is concerned I can't speak on that, although he could be taking the path of least resistance...who knows?
I have the saw back in hand...I can live with it for now. 
The parts are reasonable and I will get it handled if it worsens... 

Thank You Sponsors!