iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

snow pics

Started by RKH Logging, November 16, 2014, 10:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKH Logging

Winter is here to stay now. We got about a foot of snow up in northern ontario. Heres a few pics from last week i thought i would share. The 440 has been great to me. Starts good in the cold weather. I refuse to use eather. If its below -10 i plug it in to the generator for 15 minutes, it dont waste any time any way cause it takes me more then 15 minutes to check everything over and grease it up any way.  Got 2 loads of red oak logs out last week. This week coming ill be into some yellow birch and hard maple logs should do a bit better on them then i did the oak. Any way here are some pics. 

lopet

Nice pics.    Glad that 440 is working good for you.
Same thing here with that white stuff but it's here not to stay.  Supposed to warm up again around the 20th and more rain. :(
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

RKH Logging

Quote from: lopet on November 16, 2014, 10:49:42 AM
Nice pics.    Glad that 440 is working good for you.
Same thing here with that white stuff but it's here not to stay.  Supposed to warm up again around the 20th and more rain. :(

Where abouts in ontario are you?

lopet

About half way between Toronto and Lake Huron.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

Pictures look good. But keep that white stuff up there. Got another 4" the other night. Cold is good, sell more firewood. Snow and ice, im going to freeze to death on my next lot never mind skating down the hill.  :D

Skidder Kev

No real snow here yet just a real light dusting.  be nice to have the ground froze up abit before we get a ton of snow covering it tho. 

Maine logger88

Nice pics! Good to hear the 440 is working well
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

SliverPicker

There's two days and 20 feet between theses two photos.

61 degrees.

4 degrees for a high temp.

I wonder how the other 6 months of this winter will be?

Yooper by trade.

coxy

looks like the wind could really blow up there

SliverPicker

It can. We had a few 50mph gusts just yesterday.
Yooper by trade.

Thank You Sponsors!