iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wr meadows 1300 for end sealer

Started by Florida boy, January 08, 2019, 03:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florida boy

Well I was going to buy some anchorseal to end seal with but the price was over a 120$ for 5 gallons once shipping was added.

So I searched the forum for a solution. Found a post where someone mentioned WR Meadows 1300 clear concrete sealer.
Looks like a water based wax emulsion sealer that should work for end sealing. Paint or spray on. 5 gallons was $88 shipped.

Also found it on Amazon cheaper but after I ordered it the seller cancelled the order because the price advertised on Amazon was incorrect (too low) . Kinda ticked me off as it would have been $46 with free shipping.

Oh well just figured I'd give a heads up if someone was looking some thing cheaper than anchorseal. That should work just like anchorseal .

WV Sawmiller

I get my anchorseal directly from UC coatings and the last I bought was $95/5 gallons and that included shipping. Are you buying direct from UC coatings or from a retailer? My experience with the UC people has been nothing but positive. I love dealing with them.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

terrifictimbersllc

He's right, just checked it out, $88 plus $35 shipping to his town.  Must be outside their free shipping zone from Buffalo. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Florida boy

Direct from uc.  Guess I'm out of the free zone...

PC-Urban-Sawyer

I got free shipping a couple of years ago decade ago...

YellowHammer

I used to get free shipping on Anchorseal, for years, direct from the manufacturer.  Now they charge a pretty penny for it.  

I'm looking for alternatives, as I go through a decent amount of it.  Nothing good lasts forever.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Southside

I have been using the Henrys white roof sealer from the big box stores, the stuff for mobile homes. It's not a wax based product but an elastomer, you can still see the grain, it lasts for years and runs about $90 for 5 gallons, bonus is you can fix a leak on something too if need be!

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Southside,

I take it you put it on the log before sawing. Does it stick to your blades when sawing or cause any other problems?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

I have applied it to logs and lumber, no issue with it sticking at all, it dries pretty quickly. This is not the sticky, tar stuff, more like a silicone material.

This is some white oak, applied to the lumber several days after sawing last summer.

And this is applied to a red oak log and has been facing south for over three years, I keep saying I need to saw this one.  ::)

JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Darrel

I'll have to check out Henry's   I need to seal up the RV anyway. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Southside

That was how I started using it, had some left over, had some logs I wanted to seal up, maybe even that red oak, so I decided to try it. Been using it ever since. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!