iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Developing a new sawmill site

Started by backwoods sawyer, April 05, 2014, 01:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Last pic almost looks like you are skidding that lumber package with the crawler.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dave Shepard

I'd be willing to bet that that (Tom) is an accurate interpretation of the scene. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

backwoods sawyer

We got the shed 10x13 framed in today, used every last 2x6 to get it braced and build a ladder as the front is 10'.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Dave_

Quote from: backwoods sawyer on May 27, 2014, 11:36:53 AM
...the last one washed out in 64.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that statement through the years :D  Every "bad" flood around here always get compared to '64 by those of us a little longer in the tooth.  My kids and grandkids would ask, "What's a 64?"  Seems they can't find an app on their Iphone to explain it ;D ;D

drobertson

Do I see an up coming title to a new show? " Backwoods Adventures"  getting it done the Backwoods way,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

backwoods sawyer

We got the shed closed in and paper on the roof over the weekend.

My tools for this project was a chainsaw, hammer and tape measure so it is a bit rough, but got fairly tight jounts and a clean door frame. Have just enough 1" left to build the door so this is what a 36" cedar tree can be turned into ;D

100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

backwoods sawyer

The big hold up on getting the road finished up is an envirmental impact study to cross a year round fish creek on BLM land twice.
We have to cross 2 miles of BLM land and all but the last 100 yards of the road has been opened up.

Some of it has been slow going.
Now I need to start looking into the specs for building a couple bridges.

Dave Shepard

This is somewhere you are going to set up permanently, or for a custom sawing job? Sounds like a long way too far from real roads. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

VTwoodworker

Cool project.  I can't help you with the environmental impact study but the link below may give you some ideas for the bridge design.  Depending on the bridge span, I would recommend some engineering calcs by a qualified engineer to verify the capacity.  If this is going to be a permanent bridge, it looks like a good location for a covered bridge.

http://www.vtfpr.org/watershed/initiative.cfm

5quarter

Backwoods...nice shed. all it needs is a horseshoe over the door. ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Thank You Sponsors!