iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Greetings from the great white North

Started by addysdaddy, December 01, 2014, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

addysdaddy

Evening Folks. New to the forum "After trolling for a month or so" and proud new owner of a WM LT10... Still learning the ropes and have already solved a few of the beginner problems by cruising through the forum. Currently working with a lot of Hemlock as we are clearing for our next pasture for the horses... Sorry not yarding horses... Arabians as the missus and I do cross country endurance riding... 30,50,100 mile rides. Also looking at doing hardwood slabs as a friend has a good supply of Maple (I call it rock maple) in the 18-24 inch class. Our only problem would be transport as we are 4 hours driving apart. Mainly looking at this as a hobby as I should be retiring from the Navy in another year or so and I'm building up my toy supply while I can. You'll have to forgive the beginner questions for awhile as I tend to ask first before I break stuff...  :D
Trying to think of something Cool to say kinda defeats the purpose.
LT10
Kioti with winch.
Husqvarna fan

drobertson

It's good to hear from another up your way,, congrats on the upcoming retirement!  thanks for your service for sure!  get some photos on so we can see your neck of the woods ;D   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

First, Thank You for your military service addysdaddy, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  Adding your location to your profile will help with future questions, plus you might have a FF member for a neighbor.    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Welcome to the Forestry Forum a/d.
We love pictures.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Tree Dan

Hi Andy, welcome and thank you for your service!
I use to ride with Mountain horses...I still have 7 of them
Cheers
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

addysdaddy

ADDY is my baby girl... That's why i'm AddysDaddy...
LT10
Kioti with winch.
Husqvarna fan

Magicman

Thanks for the update.  I drove through your town a few years ago.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

addysdaddy

LT10
Kioti with winch.
Husqvarna fan

addysdaddy

I'm lucky to have the WM dealer 30 min away. Big help in making the decision. It was uncanny. When they put my name into the computer to make me up a quote for the mill my name was already in their computer from 22 years ago. Guess I've been wishing for awhile... :o
LT10
Kioti with winch.
Husqvarna fan

Tree Dan

Quote from: addysdaddy on December 01, 2014, 07:20:11 PM
ADDY is my baby girl... That's why i'm AddysDaddy...

Ahh Ok... I miss read that...i have cousins In Glace Bay N.S
Theres a lot of great fiddelers done your neck of the woods
Cheers..Nice horse
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, addysdaddy.

You are indeed fortunate to have a W-M dealer so close!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, Addysdadday.  The LT10 is a fine machine. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Klicker

2006 LT 40 HD

Hilltop366

Quote from: Magicman on December 01, 2014, 07:23:28 PM

Thanks for the update.  I drove through your town a few years ago.   ;D

He's been (almost) everywhere man.

Greeting from Yarmouth Co.

addysdaddy

Greetings All. Thanxs for the welcome.  ;D. Actually stopped by the WM dealer today and picked up one of the magnetic measurement strips... Now to remember MATH.  :D
LT10
Kioti with winch.
Husqvarna fan

78NHTFY

Welcome to the Forum.  Nice part of the world Nova Scotia...30 yrs ago had one of the best vacations there ever: near Pictou, at MacKenzies' Cabins right on the water.  Just beautiful.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Sawyer4fun

Hey Addysdaddy, welcome to the forum!  Really nice area you are in, my daughter is up in Wolfville at Acadia and we really look forward to the trips down there in the spring and fall :)

Thank you for your service!
Woodland Mills HM126, grew up visiting my Grandfather's mill and always loved the smell of sawdust :)

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!