iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Truck body

Started by slider, December 21, 2014, 01:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

A while back someone posted a truck body build project.I thought I would share this project that JMiller did.He built this body and bumper from scratch.As soon as he gets a little further along I will post some pictures of the tilt trailer he is working on.We needed something to move the skid steer with.He has been helping me with the peterbilt project as well.It's nice to have friends like this.al

al glenn

Swatson

I really like the looks of the bed.  He did a fantastic job.
I cant figure out which one I like better: working with wood or making the tools to work with wood.

Magicman

Good help is hard to find (old saying) but it looks like an exception in this instance.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

That is some fine looking work.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Jake he is another Julio.There is not much that he won't jump on.
MM it's good to have a friend with such talent plus he keeps me in check.He likes things done right.
al glenn

sandhills

I must say his work is as exceptional as yours, very nice!

loggah

Nice !!!!! that body will outlast the front of that truck big time ! ;D ;D great work.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

LeeB

Looks Good. Glad to see he didn't waste all that good work on a ford or a chevy.  ;D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

JB Griffin

Quote from: LeeB on December 21, 2014, 10:02:15 PM
Looks Good. Glad to see he didn't waste all that good work on a ford   ;D

Thems fightin words rite thar Lee. :D

DanG good lookin Bed you got Slider.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Grizzly

That bumper up front does not look like any design I've seen from manufactures. Is it your own design? As I like it better than anything I can purchase would you have drawings? I'm not a fabricator and would need something to show a friend.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

slider

Grizzly no drawings it's not mine it's JMillers creation.He is handy with a welder.just wanted to share his craft.
al glenn

jmiller

Thanks for the kind words, I don't have any drawings or prints on this bumper or bed. I just get something on my mind and build it. I do have a few pictures of the building process, if that helps.
Jason Miller

sandhills

jmiller that's definitely some very top notch work, most impressive!

Grizzly

Quote from: jmiller on December 22, 2014, 07:11:25 PM
Thanks for the kind words, I don't have any drawings or prints on this bumper or bed. I just get something on my mind and build it. I do have a few pictures of the building process, if that helps.

I'm not a fabricator so I might not "get it", but my fabricator friends would almost certainly understand your pictures if your willing to share them.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Thank You Sponsors!