iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northern project 2019 Date set May 4th

Started by Bruno of NH, February 04, 2019, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowhill

Looks like everyone had a good time! 
Bruno I hope you do have one again! If all goes well with my stress test tomorrow I will be sure to attend. I may even come visit before then as it's only about an hour..

Russel
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Bruno of NH

Russel any time
Maybe we can have a get together when I get the new mill.
Folks can watch me cut into my backstop :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ed_K

Bruno, I'll come back to see that ;D.
 Sorry to the few folks that I didn't get to talk with :( I had to keep sitting back down,just don't have a lot of energy when standing. Rita an I had a great time and I guarantee the food was great.
Ed K

Jim_Rogers

I have some pictures of the split-er, how do you want me to get them to you?
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bruno of NH

Jim can you send them on FB messenger
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Next year maybe we have a cookout the night before so we can sit around a fire pit and I could get to chat with everyone .
We had a lot going on and I didn't get to vist with everyone like I wanted to.
Some folks stoped in that are not on the FF they couldn't believe are fellowship that we all have as members.
That made me fell good.
We have a lot of smart creative and successful members who help and share with others 8)

Bruno of NH

And I just have Gogin setup compared to most others on the FF :D
I have a 1/2 of building now  :laugh:

GAB

Quote from: crowhill on May 05, 2019, 10:23:32 AM
Looks like everyone had a good time!
Bruno I hope you do have one again! If all goes well with my stress test tomorrow I will be sure to attend. I may even come visit before then as it's only about an hour..

Russel
I wish you the best on yourstress test.
Do you know if it will be treadmill, bike, or nuclear?
Don't do like I did on my last one it gets medical folks very nervous.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

GAB

Quote from: Bruno of NH on May 05, 2019, 10:33:59 AM
Russel any time
Maybe we can have a get together when I get the new mill.
Folks can watch me cut into my backstop :D
That does not make for good music!  If you do it at dusk the sparks are very visable.
I've never hit the back stop, but the bolt that holds the roller and the roller I have hit so often that I have quit counting.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

51cub

If you want to cut some frames ahead again, let me know. I had a great time with you guys doing that. It wouldn't break my heart a bit to do some layout too. If everything works out right maybe just maybe we can set up a couple of small demos like we were talking about Thursday and Friday
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Sixacresand

Just for the record.  There were no fiddleheads, boiled peanuts or Grits on site, but somehow the subject came up (not me).   All the food served was delicious.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

GAB

Quote from: Sixacresand on May 05, 2019, 06:57:32 PM
Just for the record.  There were no fiddleheads, boiled peanuts or Grits on site, but somehow the subject came up (not me).   All the food served was delicious.
I was glad that you folks made it.
Enjoyed speaking with you and your wife.
Hope you have an enjoyable and uneventful trip back to you domicile.
If we make it to the Southern Project again you will be on my visit list.
Thanks,
GAB

GAB

Jim:
Thanks for the camping site, lunch on saturday, and for hosting this event.
Gerald

crowhill

Quote from: GAB on May 05, 2019, 12:17:19 PMI wish you the best on yourstress test.
Do you know if it will be treadmill, bike, or nuclear?
Don't do like I did on my last one it gets medical folks very nervous.
GAB
GAB
Thanks. Not a clue. I had one about 8 or 9 years ago at the VA. At that time they had me on the tread mill twice and had dye running thru my heart. Then they gave me a donut n a half pint of milk to help push the stuff thru my system. Wanted to get it thru my kidneys they said. I thought some home brew would do that!
Russel
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Crusarius

I had a good time. I like the idea of a cookout / campout and firetalk. ended up just being GAB and myself camped. I stayed till sunday GAB left saturday. was kinda lonely but still enjoyed myself. 

On my way home I stopped at Queechee gorge. Thanks bruno for refreshing my memory on the name. Probably did about a 6 mile hike. Then went to visit Pet from bearswamp. Was a great trip. unfortunately it looks like all the pics I took at queechee gorge did not actually save to my card :(

Finally made it home at 9:15 Sunday night. Just in time for the kids to already be asleep :(. oh well. he was really happy to see me this morning. Now sitting here at the surgery center waiting for them to finish slicing and dicing my wife. (simple tendon stuff).

Maybe I need to head up there again when the new mill shows up so I can go retake the pictures from Quechee gorge.

Bruno of NH

Sounds good anytime folks are welcome

Sixacresand

Quote from: GAB on May 05, 2019, 07:34:42 PM

If we make it to the Southern Project again you will be on my visit list.
Thanks,
GAB
I hope you do
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

curved-wood

Sounds like people had a good time. Put me on the list for next year may be a bit later in the season. I prefer mosquitos than flooding

A-z farmer

Bruno 
Thank you for hosting the northern project 2019 .
It was soo nice to get away from the farm and meet so many amazing forestry forum members.
Also the New Hampshire state bird (the black fly )was still hibernating.i always thought that we lived in the glaciated north here in New York but spring is still has not found the granite state yet .
Thank you all 
Zeke

Jim_Rogers

Zeke:
My wife wanted me to tell you thanks for the honey.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

A-z farmer

You were welcome Jim Rogers
I have been reading your timber framing posts for a year now but seeing you demonstrate your passion and knowledge of timber framing was even better in person .
Thank you 
Zeke

petefrom bearswamp

Enjoyed a brief visit from Crusarious who stopped on his way home form Brunos.
Gave him an abbreviated tour of the Bear Swamp mill and forest land.
Hope I can fit it in next yr.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Crusarius

Definitely a good visit. Look forward to doing it again. Maybe a little longer next time.

Ed_K

Couple of picts Rita took at the northern project.

The new shed.

Boards going into Bruno's new edger.

Bunch of boards in just a few mins.

Rita an I had a great time, thanks Bruno.
Ed K

Bruno of NH

Thank You Sponsors!