iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what do you do if you are in this situation

Started by alsayyed, June 23, 2006, 12:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

I know this is might be debatable answers. What you do when you take your car to these electrical shop to fix the leak in the AC Freon. Then suddenly the mechanic tells you that the compressor is bad then you buy a new compressor plus filter then you fill the compressor with Freon then after 25 days no more cold air is coming from the ac then you take the vehicle to the same shop then suddenly the mechanic said you have leak in the compressor and I know the compressor is a new. You ask for refund he said no. know the question
1- Do you proceed to the court to file complain. Court in Qatar takes one year.
2 – Do you need to use force to get your money if I did this I will go to jail?
3 – Police cannot take this complain because it is not criminal it is considered civil case.
4 – the store where I have bought the compressor insisted that there compress is new and in good  condition .

If you have a problem like these where do you turn your face?.

CHARLIE

There are "Rip Off" artist in every country in the world that make their living stealing from others.  I never would recommend violence as a solution to resolve a situation with a business that is making money by making unnecessary repairs.

There is a saying here in the United States, "First time someone takes advantage of you, shame on them.  If you allow them to take advantage of you a second time, shame on you."

Here is what I would do in your situation:
1) Ask around for a very competent business that does air conditioning repairs. Take your car to them, explain what you just went through and ask them to repair the problem. Be sure they give you a warranty on their work.  If they won't, then don't let them work on it.

2) Once you have the proof of what was wrong with your air conditioner and you still think the first business took advantage of you, then file a complaint against them for a court case. You can ask for the amount of money it took you to get their work corrected plus court costs.  Here in the U.S. we have what is called "Small Claims Court".  It is cheaper and faster to use this court system when small amounts of money claims are involved.

3) Also, if you feel the first business took advantage of you, make a report to the Better Business Bureau if there is such a thing in your country. The Better Business Bureau will send a letter to the company asking them to make the situation right, but they can't make them do it. They also keep records on complaints with a company so people can find out how many complaints are against them before they use them.

4) Also, if you feel the first business took advantage of you, tell at least 10 of your friends about he situation and how you were treated and recommend that they never use that business. Also, ask your friends to warn at least 10 of their friends about the business and to keep spreading the word.  I guarantee the business will lose more money than they ever gained by cheating you.

5) Never darken the doors of that business again and use the experience as a learning experience to try and get references before using a business. 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bro. Noble

My hat is off to you,  Charlie,  for taking the time to give such excellent advice that is good not only for alsayyed,  but for all of us.

I'm sorry for thinking you were a knucklehead because you don't like bluegrass ;)

Good luck to you alsayyed,  I think we've all been in a similar situation before.  It really pithes a fellow.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

rebocardo

> then you fill the compressor with Freon then after 25 days no more cold air is coming from the
> ac then you take the vehicle to the same shop then suddenly the mechanic said you have leak
> in the compressor and I know the compressor is a new

First it worked and then it stopped working. That says leak.

If you have an older pre < 1995 vehicle, I think this because you mentioned the "filter",  that takes R12 (freon) and you did not upgrade the whole A/C system and purged it, and instead filled it up with the newer freon replacement (R134a), that does not have the lubricants that R12 did, that would destroy the new compressor in a short amount of time.

flip

If the compressor went bad and spread metal through the system it will keep plugging the orfice tube or the expansion valve depending what you have.  The system in this case should have been flushed out with a solvent and the accumulator replaced, if not there will be repeat failures. 

Is there any type of warranty on the part?  Many times the part will be covered by warranty but not the mechanics labor or the freon.

My suggestion: take the compressor back where you got it and take it to a different mechanic.  If we sell and install a non Ford part at our dealership there is usually no warranty on the part OR just a part only warranty from the place we got it from.

Flip
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

WH_Conley

I have been out of the business for awhile, we stiff used R12, but all the compressors that I bought new had a 1 year guarantee. Some shops would charge you for the labor and freon the second time, I did not. Maybe that's why I had most of the business in town. Course I don,t know about warranties over there.

Charlie hit it plump square on what to do.

Noble, think maybe we should get Charlie some help, or maybe some  eddycation on the finer points of music?  :D
Bill

thecfarm

I can send my wife over to you.She'll get it all straighted out in no time.If what rebocardo,she would tell them you should of known that.Who's your boss and here she goes.She never gets upset or raises her voice.When she gets done,they better do what she wants.She even got us out of a cell phone contact once.They gave us a juiced up loaner phone to see how it worked.Worked great,turned it in,got a new phone,might just as well as 2 cans and a string.Gave us 3 more more phones,still no good.We wanted the loaner phone,oh no can't have that.We want our money back,oh no past 30 days,can't do it.It took awhile,but she got all of our money back.Good luck to you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!