iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 261

Started by kenskip1, April 29, 2004, 08:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenskip1

Now being the proud owner of several Stihl produts, I ran into a friend of mine that has a Husky 261 sitting in his shed with at least 1 inch of dust on it. I pulled the rope and it has good compression. The bar has had little use as the paint is still on it.If I buy it, and replace the fuel lines, filter plug, and get this thing running , is it worth 100$? His father had it before he quit using it because of health related issues. Can anyone give me some type of history about this saw? Cubic inchs?Bar recommended size? Does it have points?His father used it for firewood and has a 20 inch bar. Any information would be helpful. Thanks for some usefull information from this group, Ken.
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

Stan

I couldn't find a reference to a 261, but the 260, 262 and 263's all had 63cc (3.8ci) displacement.  :P
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

firtol88

As for what it's worth http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20538&item=2397527615&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW That one will certainly go for over $300

here's the owners manual http://weborder.husqvarna.com/order_static/doc/HOUS/HOUS1999/HOUS1999_1019003-95.pdf

I'd buy it for $100  8)  but if he's a good friend you may want to let him know what he has and see if he still wants to part with it.
There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

* Note to Democrats, yes please flee to Canada!

dmcc

I know this is late, but I bought a "new old stock" 261 on ebay and I really like it. Just note that it doesn't have the side access chain adjustment. I run a 24" bar on mine, it does well with it, but it is the biggest I could find. It takes the same bars as the 55, but the engine is almost as big as a 365. It runs great and feels relatively light.
"Still looking for that one BIG log"

Thank You Sponsors!