iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need help wiring my phone box

Started by ozarkgem, December 08, 2014, 08:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

Can some one tell me which wires connect where? 

I know it only takes 2 but not sure where to hook them in the outside box.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Larry

T & R is the tip and ring which make up one cable pair.  The blue and blue/white is the first pair in your cable and it is tied to the red and green on your connector block.  Yellow and black are for a second line.

Too many years and I can't remember which color is tip and which is ring.  If your phone doesn't work reverse the wires.  I thought blue was ring, white tip, and I know red is ring and green is tip.  Just shoot me if I'm wrong. :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ozarkgem

I shall try it tomorrow. If it works I will call you.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Larry

Yea, and if it don't work send goat signals.  We will have a man or goat, dependent on availability, right there. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

Magicman

You are correct Larry.  Solid blue is the R and blue with white tracer is the T.  Red is R and green is T.

For the second line orange is the R and orange with white tracer is the T.  Yellow is R and black is T.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ozarkgem

I  hooked them up and no dial tone. I have dial tone at the box phone jack in the pix. why does a a 2 wire hookup cause so much trouble? Now what?

ozarkgem

I got it. The little door has to be closed to make connections. Why don't they put the instructions on the inside of the box. ???

Don_Papenburg

I have four bakelite desk phones and one wall phone . I would like to make up a private phone system for the farm . How much power does a phone line need ? Any tricks of the trade for a rotary phone system?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Southside

I would like to know the same answer Don
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Larry

The talking part of a phone line is DC and takes very little power.  A line from the phone company will have 48 volts DC at a minimum of 30 milliamps.  That was the standard from a 100 years ago, but they used the current to operate a line relay in the central office.  I bet you could talk by using a 6 volt lantern battery.  The ringing part of a phone line is a different story.  I don't think there is anything readily available that will generate the correct power to make a ringer ring.  Maybe a couple of old crank phones.  Central eh! :D :D :D  I think you could use a light system and hope the person would see the light come on when you wanted to talk.

I thought everybody (but goats) had cell phones these days. :D

cowtipper

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/telephone4.htm

Creating Your Own Telephone Network

Not only is a telephone a simple device, but the connection between you and the phone company is even simpler. In fact, you can easily create your own intercom system using two telephones, a 9-volt battery (or some other simple power supply) and a 300-ohm resistor that you can get for a dollar at Radio Shack.

Thank You Sponsors!