iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo CS-310 vs CS-352

Started by funbaker10, April 28, 2017, 08:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funbaker10

I bought an Echo CS-590 Timberwolf a couple years ago and am very happy with it.  Starts great, has plenty of power, and seems very well built.

Based on this good experience, I'm considering a second, smaller saw.  Any of you folks have experience running both the Echo CS-310 and the Echo CS-352?  How would you compare them?  Looking at the specs I see online, It looks like they both have the same dry weight of 8.8 lbs.  The 352 has a 34 cc engine and the 310 a 30.5 cc engine.  I assume the 352 is a stronger running saw with the slightly larger engine.  If that is true, what would be the purpose of ever getting the 310 instead of the 352 they are the same weight?  (Besides the price..the 310 was listed 50 or 60 dollars cheaper).  They both have the i-30 starting tech, any thoughts on that?  I hope it's not some new fancy gimmick that is more problems than it's worth.  My CS-590 is a great starter and doesn't have that so that concerns me a bit.  Lastly, are both these saws "clamshell" design? 

Thanks for any thoughts.

Kel71

I would add $20.oo to the price of the 352 and get the 370 just for
the better air filter.

21incher

I have a cs590 & cs310 and both are easy to start. The 310 can sit for 6 months with gas in it and starts by the second pull.  Would be nice to have a little more power for bigger stuff,  but that is where the 590 takes over.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

ladylake

I have a couple Cs352 saws, with the muff opened up some and tuned right they have good power for 33 or 34cc and are really light.  The Cs310 same weight but less power.  The Cs370 or CS400 have better power but are a couple pounds heavier.  They all start and run great.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Fishnuts2

I have two 310's and a 352.  352 has a little different anti-vibe mount, and a better air filter than the 310.  A little more power of course because it's a few cc's bigger in the same size package.

Get a 14" bar on a 352 with an upgraded chain and you'll like it.

All the smaller Echo's are clamshell motors, and the i-30 system really works well, but Echos are easy starters anyway.

DDW_OR

my 2 cents

I have the 310 and love it. it is my go-to saw.

read everyone's comments and it sounds like the 352  is the better saw.
$60 over 6 years is $10 per year.
"let the machines do the work"

Thank You Sponsors!