iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New build blog update

Started by pedro.mahon, April 17, 2013, 11:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedro.mahon

I cannot think of a better advertisement for buying a Woodmizer! (LT 40 super HD)

Note from admin: Please read the rules on sharing photos on the forum. Links to offsite photos and galleries are not allowed. You can replace this notice by placing the photos you want to show in your forum gallery, then placing the code for them to appear here. This has been our long standing rule to ensure the future integrity of post content on the forum.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.
Woodmizer LT 40 HD. Pegden oak Sawmill & Construction

Jay C. White Cloud

"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pedro.mahon

Ianab

That's pretty impressive stuff.

Thanks for making the effort to upload the pictures, and be sure to update thread as things progress.  :)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

woodyone.john

Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

dboyt

Amazing!  How do you keep track of where everything goes???  It will be a shame to cover up that work of art with siding and paneling.  Thanks for sharing.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

sawmillhand

WOW :o  that is nice work there
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

clww

That's what I would call an EPIC build. smiley_thumbsup
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

pedro.mahon

actually each floor was marked and laid out on the carpenters framing yard and stacked in a neat pile.
Then, each floor got transported to site and craned into position starting at ground floor etc.
-kinda like a big puzzle! surprisingly it went up in about 8 days including the levelling then about another week to cut the roof trusses. Next stage, bank robbery to finance the remaining build!
thanks for looking!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Leigh Family Farm

So when are you hosting the first annual International Pig Roast?  ;) :D Thats mighty impressive.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

WmFritz

That's some kind of timber framed Palace! Beautiful
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

giant splinter

Incredible workmanship, beautiful structural design and a very impressive in all respects.

WOW!
roll with it

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Work like this just blows my mind. One only sees things like this in old pictures from the past.

I commend you on your hard work. You have a piece of art that will be here for generations to enjoy.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

justallan1

There's sure a lot of bent boards in that place ;D
Actually, a beautiful job and a huge undertaking.
I'm hoping to see more pctures as you progress.
Allan

Dave Shepard

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. What is your layout method? Looks like it's scribed.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

m wood

awesome job!! best wishes with the upcoming bank heist too :)
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

JimFX

Very impressive, what do you do in your spare time?
: )

Thank You Sponsors!