iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What kind of kiln is needed for drying cut barn timbers?

Started by Schramm, December 26, 2012, 12:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schramm

When I was young (12 years old) I started working for my grandfather who was a plasterer and mason.  As a younger guy I just really wanted to have fun but always listened to what he said.  Most of his conversation with me was no matter what you do, take your time and do it well.  No one will care how long it takes if the end product was excellent.  I have always taken what he told me to heart though I think he never thought I listened.  Though at that time all I did was move plaster to stations I was only taught the entry level of plaster.  Funny thing is my first business was a plasterer but not a traditional plasterer, I did Venetian plaster.  This was before all that rag rolling crap of the '90's and I met with and learned faux from masters of there trade (old timers) and they all had the same thing to say that my grandfather did!  Over the years of both faux and mirror manufacturing I have had a lot of companies come in and try to take over everything doing the art in a way I do not agree with but now most of them are gone.  Most of my Facebook friends are designers, architects, builders and glass guys who really love what they do and treat it as art and not a dollar.  I wont lie I love making money but the truth be known I love my job, I like waking up and doing it and I am lucky to be able to make a living at it.  Nothing in life is easy but if you do not love what you do, your bound to fail.
I like to test ideas, in fact everytime I come up with a new idea my wife sinks in her seat and cringes at the thought of how much this is going to cost.  I am the one that loves everything old, she likes it new or newish so when I make things for the house I make them old with a new twist and we are both happy.  This idea of buying all these tools may be the craziest thing that I have ever done as to be honest I love to work with wood but I have to GOOGLE a lot of things.  I have gotten a lot better over the last 10 years and with the help of festool and Kreg have become pretty good at it and now I get to take this whole thing to the next level.  Trust me when I say, that everyones words of wisdom will not go on deaf ears, I take all things to heart and try them out.  In fact today I did shiplap for the first time and love it, makes for a beautiful and simple installation much better then tounge & groove for wall installs!
Thanks again!
Rob

By the way, I am not a huge faux fan either.  I do furniture and have been training my daughter to do it, I will post some pics of a Titanic Desk that she did out of a $6 garage sale find.  Its quite cool!!!

Thank You Sponsors!