iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a new saw today

Started by shopteacher, January 17, 2004, 03:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

Well it's new to me anyway.  A while back I posted a want add for a Hendricks Rail Panel saw. I had bid on one I seen on Ebay, but got beat out at the last second on it for 10 bucks. I was kicking myself in the a$$ all the next day for not bidding higher.  Well as it worked out the high bidder never responded to the bid and I was contacted as the runner up bidder.  This saw has an 8"X15' H beam as the bed and should be able to cut 14' long. It takes a 14" blade driven by 5 hp. with automatic feed.  I'm going to use it to straight edge boards after they've been dried.  As you probably know trying to run a 14 foot 10" maple board over a jointer isn't the easiest thing in the world to do and to try it on enough to cover a barn is just down right stupid.  Got it off the truck today and can't wait to get it set up and try it out.

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Tom

Alright!  

Ya lucked up!  You pulled the fat oughta the fire, saved the day, found a acorn............... :D

shopteacher

You know it Tom, got a smile from ear to ear, feel like a cheshire cat.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Tom

Keep the camera out.  We want to see it work too. :)

Norm

Nice shopteacher, not what I expected for a panel saw. Never thought of using one as a slr. Be interested to see how it works out for ya.

Patty says I can't have any new toys er I mean tools that are so big they have to be delivered on a truck. I guess she's gun shy after the last one came on a semi. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!